Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 15% off all SpecTunes Christmas Sale

Daily
    MY12 Golf R
    2nd Car
    8V S3
    Name
    Ben

15% off all SpecTunes Christmas Sale

15% off all SpecTunes Christmas Sale. Valid until the end of 2014.

This is a good chance to increase the performance of your car at a great price. Switchable Tunes and return to factory tune, read and delete fault codes, update and upgrade tunes as you make modifications with our ECU Tune Builder.

Click here for more information

Please note that Tarmac Engineering is closed from the 24th of December and will reopen on the 5th of January but don't worry, our online shop will remain open during this period and all orders will be posted out in the week of January the 5th. We wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and ask you to please stay safe on the roads

Below is a guide of performance stages we go through to increase the power and torque of your vehicle. A "Stage" reference has become the industry standard measure of modification and expected power output. Whilst we tune specifically to your modifications this guide is a good way of breaking up the modifications into sections. Each Stage should provide an increase in power and/or torque.

Please note that power outputs below are measured at the Engines flywheel as per factory specification. The Dyno Graphs are calculated at the wheels on a roller dynometer that takes into account drive losses.

Stage 1

SpecTune ECU Re map

An excellent way to start increasing the performance of your car. With an increase in power from 188kw peak flywheel power to 232kw and excellent mid range torque you will wonder why it wasn't like this from the factory.

Stage 1.5

SpecTune ECU Remap + Intake

Let your engine breathe. We believe this is the best "bang for buck" performance modification. Power is increased to 240kw peak power and 420nm peak Torque. The torque curve is greatly increased in the mid to top rpm range and not only that the power comes on faster down low. This is our most popular choice.

Stage 2

SpecTune ECU Remap + Intake + Dump Pipe

The factory dump pipe is very restrictive and now that you're letting the turbo and engine breathe better with an intake you really want to let the other side of the turbo breathe. By getting those exhaust gases out faster we can make the intake even more effective which in turn allows more boost, more fuel and more ignition timing equaling more power and torque. The Power is increased to 255kw peak power and 480nm peak torque. This will provide a huge rush off the line and carry that power through to the redline.

At this point our intercooler helps with performance

Stage 2.5

SpecTune ECU Remap + Intake + Dump Pipe + HPFP (high pressure fuel pump) + HPRV (high pressure rail valve)

This is for the person that wants as much power as possible out of the 2.0 TFSI engine without changing the turbo. Now that you have the Intake + Dump Pipe we need to add more fuel so we can add more ignition timing and boost. This will increase the power to 270kw peak power and 500nm peak Torque. Now you have a seriously quick street car. . A CAT back exhaust can also be added, we see a small top end gain but this is more about getting your desired exhaust note

Stage 1

SpecTune ECU Re map

An excellent way to start increasing the performance of your car. With an increase in power from 150kw peak flywheel power to 190kw and excellent mid range torque of 400nm you will wonder why it wasn't like this from the factory.

Stage 1.5

SpecTune ECU Remap + Intake

Let your engine breathe. We believe this is the best "bang for buck" performance modification. Power is increased to 202kw peak power and 405nm peak Torque. Throttle response is improved down low and power is carried through for longer at high rpm. This is our most popular choice.

Stage 2

SpecTune ECU Remap + Intake + Dump Pipe

The factory dump pipe is very restrictive and now that you're letting the turbo and engine breathe better with an intake you need to let the other side of the turbo flow more. By getting those exhaust gases out faster we can make the intake even more effective which in turn allows more boost, more fuel and more ignition timing equaling more power and torque. The Power is increased to 222kw peak power and 430nm peak torque. This will provide a huge rush off the line and carry that power through to the redline.

At this point our intercooler helps with more consistant performance

Please dont hesitate to contact us with any questions at [email protected] or visit our website www.tarmacengineering.com.au

Daily
    Audi S3 8V Sportback
    Name
    Bobby

always the worst timing ...a little birdy told me you are close to getting a tune sorted for the new S3 Ben is this right?

Daily
    MY12 Golf R
    2nd Car
    8V S3
    Name
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by mpsbne View Post
    always the worst timing ...a little birdy told me you are close to getting a tune sorted for the new S3 Ben is this right?
    Those dam birds. We're currently developing the tune for the new ECU's found in the Mk7 and new Audi's etc but wont be ready until early next year

Daily
    Golf GTi MK6
    Name
    Alan

Great savings, massive gains!

Just wondering if Ben is still alive? There's rumors APR offered him a cushy desk job in the Bahamas....
    I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.
    - Ayrton Senna

@g_turismo

Daily
    audi s3
    Name
    little baby jesus

just placed the upgraded order now mate, thanks for your help today, see you in the new year...

Daily
    MY12 Golf R
    2nd Car
    8V S3
    Name
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by grandturismo View Post
    Great savings, massive gains!

Just wondering if Ben is still alive? There's rumors APR offered him a cushy desk job in the Bahamas....
    haha, na turned it down.

Still alive just busy

Quote Originally Posted by guile View Post
    just placed the upgraded order now mate, thanks for your help today, see you in the new year...
    Thanks Richard

Daily
    2016 RR Evoque
    Name
    Travis

Can you offer anythingfor the Evoque TD4?

Cheers
    TBJs GTD
    Check out Instagram - Range Rover @hsedynamic

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Clinton

Happy times!

Just placed my order Ben.

Sweeeet. Mk6 2L 103TDI Tune? I was under the impression they had to be bench tuned? Also, do you guys do DSG tuning as well?
    MY10 Golf Mk6 103TDI DSG Candy White | Revo Stage 1 ECU Tune | 18" Talladegas | GTI Front/Rear/Exhaust | R LED Taillights | GTI Steering Wheel | Audiosources DS810 (2015) | Focal IFVW Front Speakers | Mk7 Climatronic Panel |

Daily
    MY12 Golf R
    2nd Car
    8V S3
    Name
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by TBJ View Post
    Can you offer anythingfor the Evoque TD4?

Cheers
    We can tune your Evoque no problems

Quote Originally Posted by moda View Post
    Sweeeet. Mk6 2L 103TDI Tune? I was under the impression they had to be bench tuned? Also, do you guys do DSG tuning as well?
    We can do them via OBDII but not via OBDII with the SpecTune controller. DSG can also be done via the laptop

+ Reply to Thread