Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Golf R MK6 - engine rattle noise

Daily
    VW Golf MkVI R
    Name
    Marten

Golf R MK6 - engine rattle noise

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum.

I recently purchased a second hand Golf R MK6 (2013 model) in manual, it still has less than a year left of warranty.

When the car idles, I can hear a slight rattle noise coming from the engine compartment. It is most evident in my garage as there are no outside noise interference. When I press the clutch pedal that rattle noise disappears, but, when I release the clutch pedal, it comes back. It's a different rattle noise then the engine noise. Not sure if it's the clutch plate or the flywheel that's causing it.

Does anyone know what it could be?

& would this will be covered under VW warranty?

Thanks.

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Lucas

Sounds like it could be the dual mass flywheel. If its still under warranty then take it into your local dealer to be diagnosed - its not normal.

Daily
    Golf MKVI R
    Name
    JH

Hi treadmark, not sure if it's the same issue, but I had experience a noise and VW service centre had confirmed it to be "loose fuel line".
    Once it was replaced, the noise is gone.

Similar to what you had described, it was most apparent when I park my car in the garage with the engine running.

However i am really not great with my car knowledge. Also my golf has auto transmission. So not sure about clutch causing the noise to go away.

Anyway let us know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY16 Polo GTI
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Sounds like it could be the dual mass flywheel. If its still under warranty then take it into your local dealer to be diagnosed - its not normal.
    ^ Yeah as Lucas said, sounds like the clutch, not normal for OEM but if the clutch has been replaced then some of the after market ones can be noisy
    ║ "The mind is willing but the body is weak - Frazza 2013" ║ Follow me on Instagram

+ Reply to Thread