Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ghost Knit Mini Group Buy - Mk6 Golf R

Daily
    Mk6 Golf R
    2nd Car
    Yamaha R1
    Name
    Robbie

Ghost Knit Mini Group Buy - Mk6 Golf R

Ok, so this was originally meant to be a group buy for the ghost knit lip but after 2 unanswered emails, I've decided to give up.

However, I have sourced another product at a great price.

It's a front lip from SRS Tec which is a very similar design to the ghost knit lip but it's not carbon fibre and comes unpainted.

Here is the link for info and photos: http://srs-tec.de/cars/VW/Golf-VI/Fr...f-VI::368.html

Unfortunately, I cannot find any reviews about the golf r lip specifically. They have some reviews on their website and most have given them 4 or more stars rating. If anyone here has purchased from srs-tec before, please share your thoughts below on the quality of the products.

The price listed is 89 euro per lip but because it is being shipped outside of the European union, the VAT will be deducted and shipping will be 49 euro via DHL. If we manage to get 6 people to commit, they will give us a 10% discount off the lips.

For 6 lips, it would come to a total of EU452.90 including shipping which comes to EU75.50 each. With the current exchange rate, that's about $113.50 Aud.

I would have it shipped to my address and those who are in Sydney can pick it up from me and I can post it to those who are interstate at an additional cost, or they can organise a courier themselves.

Please let me know if you are interested, once we have 6, I'll need payment from each person to place an order.

Note: I am happy to go ahead with group buy even if we don't get 6 people, but obviously the cost will be more. Just trying to make it as cheap as possible for each person.

1. Robbie
    Last edited by robbie; 20-08-2015 at 12:45 PM.
    Mk6 Golf R - United Grey, Manual

Daily
    2011 Golf R
    Name
    Ian

Just be careful you don't exceed AUD1,000 (including freight) otherwise you'll be up for import duty, GST and an administrative fee.

Daily
    86GTS & Golf 6 R
    2nd Car
    MINI Clubman S
    Name
    Nat

Aud1000 before shipping cost is the threshold. But once exceeded they include shipping in the custom & duty plus gst calc. Roughly 15% on top of everything.

Daily
    Mk6 Golf R
    2nd Car
    Yamaha R1
    Name
    Robbie

Thanks guys, I'm aware of the duty. I'm trying to work something out with Racingline so that we don't get charged those fees once the items arrive.

Daily
    Mk6 Golf R
    2nd Car
    Yamaha R1
    Name
    Robbie

First post updated

Daily
    Mk6 Golf R
    2nd Car
    Yamaha R1
    Name
    Robbie

Bump! Price is really cheap compared to other non-carbon lips available.

Daily
    2011 Golf R
    Name
    Ian

It's very cheap, but sounds good and is an excellent find - well done. I wonder if there are any reviews about the quality etc on other forums.

I note the EUR89 is inclusive of VAT (19%). Technically, since it's a non-EU purchase, the VAT should be deducted, plus a further 10% for the group buy.

Daily
    Mk6 Golf R
    2nd Car
    Yamaha R1
    Name
    Robbie

Thanks for that tip, I'll contact srs tec to check if they'll honour that, if they do and we get 6 people interested, the price will come down to about $114aud. If I find any reviews, I'll update the first post.
    Last edited by robbie; 18-08-2015 at 09:37 PM.

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    It's very cheap, but sounds good and is an excellent find - well done. I wonder if there are any reviews about the quality etc on other forums.

I note the EUR89 is inclusive of VAT (19%). Technically, since it's a non-EU purchase, the VAT should be deducted, plus a further 10% for the group buy.
    This is true - good point. I have purchased several car related items from the UK and VAT is not charged.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by robbie View Post
    Thanks for that tip, I'll contact srs tec to check if they'll honour that, if they do and we get 6 people interested, the price will come down to about $114aud. If I find any reviews, I'll update the first post.
    I can't see any options for Mk6 GTI unless I'm blind?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread