Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MVO's TTE480 MK6R

Daily
    2011 MKVI Golf R
    2nd Car
    Ducati 959 Panigale
    Name
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by tomtom_r32 View Post
    Nice R mate.

The M220 et20s yikes, keen to see those wider guards!

I'm running the same wheels but 18x8 and 9s on the rear Et35 :P
    How's the fitment of the 18x9 et35 on the rears?!

Daily
    2011 MKVI Golf R
    2nd Car
    Ducati 959 Panigale
    Name
    Michael

That's a rear shot with the et20's on!

Kerscher wider guards

Daily
    MK6 GOLF R
    Name
    Luke

What size tyre are you running on the 18x9? Purchasing wider front guards to compensate for a wheel which isn't hard to come by in the correct offsets for your application seems a bit backwards. The rears will work if you run a 215/35/18 and max out camber, it will be fairly pokey and aggressive though. Running a lower offset front and higher offset rear with the widened front guards might look quite strange too. Interested to see how it turns out though. Good luck.

Daily
    2011 MKVI Golf R
    2nd Car
    Ducati 959 Panigale
    Name
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by TOMCRUZMOMSHOES View Post
    What size tyre are you running on the 18x9? Purchasing wider front guards to compensate for a wheel which isn't hard to come by in the correct offsets for your application seems a bit backwards. The rears will work if you run a 215/35/18 and max out camber, it will be fairly pokey and aggressive though. Running a lower offset front and higher offset rear with the widened front guards might look quite strange too. Interested to see how it turns out though. Good luck.
    That was my original thought to run max camber but I opted away from going down that route for the time being. I'm still unsure about the rears whether to run a lower offset or change wheels completely haha! One can never have too many wheels!

The wider guards have been part of my plan for a while now and before the purchase of these wheels, due to cosmetic damage on my current guards that happened early in the year.

Daily
    boeing 747
    2nd Car
    golf r
    Name
    justin sane

Nice spoiler any idea on brand or anything .

Leave the back wheel as it is and lip out the gaurd just enough to cover the tyre but not the full rim ,
    Running anymore stretch then that for me personally isn't worth the attention from boys in blue , I think you got it just perfect.

Btw I got blue golf r mint front guards at mine if your interested .

Daily
    2011 MKVI Golf R
    2nd Car
    Ducati 959 Panigale
    Name
    Michael

Paid for a spectune a while back in the group buy, thought I might make the most of it before my car undergoes its transformation! Will be installing this intake tomorrow, I'll throw up some snaps after it's done!

Daily
    2011 MKVI Golf R
    2nd Car
    Ducati 959 Panigale
    Name
    Michael

Intake installed. Need to customise the stock cover to make it fit.

Currently loading spectune files. Actually had to ask Ben where to plug it in, I was looking on the passenger side and couldn't find shit!

Daily
    Golf
    Name
    Matt Oliver

Keen to hear what you think of the tarmac stage 1.5, i got one as well on the group buy, installed the airbox just haven't had time for tune. Was a bit disappointed about engine cover, ordered a tts cover which i will customise in matte black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name
    Adrian

Looks good mate!!

Looking forward to your new transformation too
    MKVI Golf R 5 Door | Rising Blue | Manual | 19" Silver Talladegas | ACC | Leather | RNS510 | RVC
    Spectune Stage 1.5 | GFB DV+ | Tarmac Engineering Intake | DBA T2 Rotors | Gloss Black Badges | 4" Black Tips | LEDs Throughout

Daily
    2011 MKVI Golf R
    2nd Car
    Ducati 959 Panigale
    Name
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by enufz View Post
    Keen to hear what you think of the tarmac stage 1.5, i got one as well on the group buy, installed the airbox just haven't had time for tune. Was a bit disappointed about engine cover, ordered a tts cover which i will customise in matte black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi Matt, I just went for a drive with the tune file updated and was very impressed. Notable increased power band when I put my foot to the floor and changes gears slightly later. Have a more noticeable turbo flutter (very predominant with the intake). Quite happy with the results!

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Looks good mate!!

Looking forward to your new transformation too
    Haha thanks Adrian, I think a lot are!

+ Reply to Thread