Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MVO's TTE480 MK6R

Daily
    Golf
    Name
    Matt Oliver

Thanks keen to get mine on now! 😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daily
    2011 MKVI Golf R
    2nd Car
    Ducati 959 Panigale
    Name
    Michael

Back in Brisbane and playing with my car again so just a few things.

First off. Thought I'd get my car in running order.

Picked up some new coilovers as my old set shat itself. New BC Racing set, should be good, I read a few threads and have heard good things.

Got new rotors, DBA T2 Slotted Street Series (I think for the rears) and DBA T3 4000 series for the fronts. What does everyone recommend using for brake pads? My car will be predominately for daily use, with the odd track day here and there.

I bought a CTS dump pipe, HPFP and Pressure Valve from Tarmac whom are also tracking down a new turbo for me. Catback Miltek Exhaust system on it's way from Melbourne. Chasing a Intercooler if anyone knows of someone selling one. Got the Golf some new shoes as well, Koya SF05's. Just for the time being until I can track down a nice set of rims I love.

Oh, I hit a kangaroo on my drive back from WA. lost a chunk of my front bar and did damaged to my what I think is "heater core". Car is about to be cleaned out and sent to a smash repair shop. Any recommendations?

Peace!
    MK6R - Stage 3 w/ TTE480 tuned by Tarmac Engineering.

Daily
    2011 MKVI Golf R
    2nd Car
    Ducati 959 Panigale
    Name
    Michael

Long time no blog.

Made the decision to go stage 3 after initially wanting to only go stage 2.5+. Purchased a TTE480 through Tarmac Engineering with the help of Ben late last year, the turbo literally came within 2 weeks of ordering just before Christmas.

Supporting Mods I bought and installed.

Aftermarket 3inch Dump Pipe from Tarmac Engineering.
    HPFP - Through Tarmac Engineering
    155 Bar Fuel Pressure Valve through Tarmac Engineering.
    Diverter Valve - Through Tarmac Engineering.

Milltek Cat Back 3in Exhaust System - Bought used
    Wagners Intercooler - New from Hills Eurohaus.

These parts were all sitting at home and I was meant to get them installed through BPS but over Christmas I got bored and impatient.

I'll start from the top and work my way down.

HPFP was an easy install. The one I got from Tarmac was full complete and not a kit and thus it was a matter of taking mine off and putting this new one on.
    Installing the Pressure Valve was a c**t. Deadset, if I didn't have cow spanners, I'd probably be still trying to install this.
    Intercooler was easy enough, just time consuming taking all the parts around it off, i.e front bar, head lights. You can do this without having to take off radiator or air con condenser unit thing.
    The dump pipe took a bit of time as I did it myself. But once you get the midshaft out of the way it was just a matter of fiddling around until you could slide it out. Exhaust was straight forward.

I ran this with a 2.5+ tune from Tarmac Engineering for about 2 months before finally getting the turbo and clutch installed only just this weekend.

Currently running these in for a bit then it will go back to Ben at the end of the month for a dyno tune. This turbo sounds awesome. Can't wait for it to be tuned along with a DSG tune.

I didn't replace the Engine mounts, but will be getting a set from ECS Tuning.

Daily
    MK6 Golf GTi M6
    2nd Car
    Yamaha MT-09 / Commo

that's nuts mate, what's stage 3 going to be? 240kw+ atw?

Edit: I'm a dickhead. R not GTi. Stage 3 with FWD would be a laugh!

Daily
    audi s3
    Name
    little baby jesus

Quote Originally Posted by mvo View Post
    Got the Golf some new shoes as well, Koya SF05's. Just for the time being until I can track down a nice set of rims I love.
    what do you think to the SF05's mate, i'm thinking about a set of 18's if they clear the rs brakes. what size wheels do you have and tyre size please?

Daily
    2011 MKVI Golf R
    2nd Car
    Ducati 959 Panigale
    Name
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by guile View Post
    what do you think to the SF05's mate, i'm thinking about a set of 18's if they clear the rs brakes. what size wheels do you have and tyre size please?
    I thought they were awesome. was running 18x9 +45. They clear r brakes, was running nitto 225/40 R18. I bought them as I needed wheels and wanted RS05RR but didn't want to wait 8 weeks.

Daily
    2011 MKVI Golf R
    2nd Car
    Ducati 959 Panigale
    Name
    Michael

Waiting on dyno tune at the end of the month. I think it would be around there, maybe a tiny bit more, fingers crossed.

reply to "chankone"

Daily
    MKVI Golf R
    Name
    Joel

Hi mate!

Good to see another Stage 3 going ahead and TTE480 no less. I just ordered a TTE420 to go with the APR tune they have. Should be good for around 400-450hp depending on fuel and thats exactly where I want to be with my daily driver.

Not sure if you know but there is an awesome build thread here by a member with a TTE480 and you could probably get some great info that will save you some time and headaches. His name is Scotty I believe.

good luck with the tuning!!

Daily
    2011 MKVI Golf R
    2nd Car
    Ducati 959 Panigale
    Name
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Flexatron View Post
    Hi mate!

Good to see another Stage 3 going ahead and TTE480 no less. I just ordered a TTE420 to go with the APR tune they have. Should be good for around 400-450hp depending on fuel and thats exactly where I want to be with my daily driver.

Not sure if you know but there is an awesome build thread here by a member with a TTE480 and you could probably get some great info that will save you some time and headaches. His name is Scotty I believe.

good luck with the tuning!!
    Hey dude, TTE420 will be awesome, you'll love it. Mines a daily driver as well haha!

Yeh I have read through that build thread to see how he did things, troubleshooting and ideas.

Name
    Geman

Quote Originally Posted by mvo View Post
    155 Bar Fuel Pressure Valve through Tarmac Engineering.
    Pretty sure for the tte480 it's gotta be the 165 fuel pressure valve.

Flex at Ron let us know how you go with the 420 with apr. for our fuel we should get 400hp.

+ Reply to Thread