Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: VAG-COM Register

Über Golfer
    Daily
    Mk7 110TSI Wagon
    2nd Car
    Mercedes C250 Coupe
    Name
    Harry

Quote Originally Posted by ozmale View Post
    I live on the northern beaches of Sydney near Manly I have the Micro-CAN etc that I have never used as I dont have my car as yet. I have no idea how to use it but if someone who does know wishes to come to my place then you are happy to use my set up. I want to watch and learn.

Send a PM.

Chris
    noobie question: What's micro-can and VAGCOM? is there a difference?

haha sorry Chris, don't think u will learn anything watching me cause i need to learn myself =P

Daily
    Ford Fiesta ST
    2nd Car
    Golf R
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by harryboy_1 View Post
    noobie question: What's micro-can and VAGCOM? is there a difference?

haha sorry Chris, don't think u will learn anything watching me cause i need to learn myself =P
    Micro-CAn is the phyisical interface device. One end plugs into the ODBII port in the car the other end plugs into the USB port on the Laptop. VAGCOM is the software that runs on the laptop to talk to the car.

You just pay for the interface the software is free, or more to the point comes with the interface

You are still welcome to play if you want. I would suggest you do some google research on how to make the changes you want. My understanding is most simple changes are not hard. Before you make any change you can do a full backup of the car, so you cant really bugger it up.
    The Car: MY11 Candy White Golf R, DSG, 5 Door, Adaptive Chassis Control, Sunroof.
    Stuff;- ADV1 5.1 Gloss Black 18" x 8.5" ET48; Falken RT615, semi slicks; Slotted rotors; RNS510; BlueFin; Sprint booster; VW Racing CAI; VAGCOM VCDS, Black front VW Emblem, OSIR Console pod with gauges, 300W Sub woofer, 42DD Catch Can, Flap mod. Rear View Cam, Alloy oil filter

random

Just a noobie question on VAG-COM... if i go to a dealer to change the region of the RNS510... would they know that i got my ECU flashed?

Question 2... regarding the region change... since i bought my car 2nd hand from interstate (ACT) and i live in Sydney. Can i just go to any dealer to get something like that fixed? Would dealers tell me to go away?

Daily
    NA8C
    2nd Car
    BNR34

Answer to Q1 re: ECU tune.....i dont know. Most probably?
    Answer to Q2 re: Region change. AFAIK it's referring to the DVD region code. Australia is 4. Doesn't matter if its from QLD, NT, NSW, VIC, etc. Australia as a country has a DVD Region code of 4, so if you bought it in the ACT, it should still work in Sydney.

But if you really want to change it, just get one of the boys with VAGCOM to help you. Much easier. Follow the directions on Mavericks website.

http://www.my-gti.com/88/changing-re...-on-the-rns510
    Previous : MY05 CL9 Honda Accord Euro Luxury (Graphite) : (06/11/2004 - 19/02/2008)
    Previous : MY08 MK5 Volkswagen Jetta TFSI DSG (Reflex Silver) : (13/04/2008 - 28/06/2010)
    Previous : MY97 MK3 Volkswagen Vento VR6 (Porcelain Blue) : (01/08/2015 - 12/12/2015)
    Previous : MY11 MK6 Volkswagen Golf R DSG (Candy White) : (01/12/2010 - 11/06/2016)
    Current : MY96 NA8C Mazda MX-5 (British Racing Green) : (12/12/2015)
    Current : MY02 BNR34 Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec II (Bayside Blue) : (05/06/2016)

Über Golfer
    Daily
    Mk7 110TSI Wagon
    2nd Car
    Mercedes C250 Coupe
    Name
    Harry

Anyone know if i can actually activate Distance to Empty on my MKIV bora trip computer screen with vagcom or will i need vagtacho? Thanks.

random

Quote Originally Posted by stephen8512 View Post
    Answer to Q1 re: ECU tune.....i dont know. Most probably?
    Answer to Q2 re: Region change. AFAIK it's referring to the DVD region code. Australia is 4. Doesn't matter if its from QLD, NT, NSW, VIC, etc. Australia as a country has a DVD Region code of 4, so if you bought it in the ACT, it should still work in Sydney.

But if you really want to change it, just get one of the boys with VAGCOM to help you. Much easier. Follow the directions on Mavericks website.

http://www.my-gti.com/88/changing-re...-on-the-rns510
    For question 2 i wasn't referring to dvd region code :|, what i meant was... since the car was bought new in ACT, would Sydney dealers deal with a VW bought from another dealer from another state, when i'm looking to change something (dvd region code) that is free and my car is not serviced there either

Daily
    NA8C
    2nd Car
    BNR34

Quote Originally Posted by den525 View Post
    For question 2 i wasn't referring to dvd region code :|, what i meant was... since the car was bought new in ACT, would Sydney dealers deal with a VW bought from another dealer from another state, when i'm looking to change something (dvd region code) that is free and my car is not serviced there either
    my mistake

AFAIK, no. They wouldnt. It wouldnt matter. It's like if you go to get your car serviced in WA and you bought the car in NSW. If its with VW, it shouldnt matter? Why would it?
    Previous : MY05 CL9 Honda Accord Euro Luxury (Graphite) : (06/11/2004 - 19/02/2008)
    Previous : MY08 MK5 Volkswagen Jetta TFSI DSG (Reflex Silver) : (13/04/2008 - 28/06/2010)
    Previous : MY97 MK3 Volkswagen Vento VR6 (Porcelain Blue) : (01/08/2015 - 12/12/2015)
    Previous : MY11 MK6 Volkswagen Golf R DSG (Candy White) : (01/12/2010 - 11/06/2016)
    Current : MY96 NA8C Mazda MX-5 (British Racing Green) : (12/12/2015)
    Current : MY02 BNR34 Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec II (Bayside Blue) : (05/06/2016)

random

Thanks stephen, i went to barloworld at mascot today and they fixed the dvd region code problem. I just called them and they said swing by as it is a really easy thing to fix. It only took 2 mins to fix, and i got the chance to check out the polo gti as well.

Daily
    golf gti

anyone in sydney, willing to lend a hand getting an rcd-510 installed in a mk5 golf gti?
    will need someone whos experience in coding canbus gateway,

just called up decent workshop and was quoted 200-300, which i reckon is a ripp off . install isnt a big deal but i dont have a vagcom for coding

Daily
    MK5 GT TDI
    2nd Car
    MK2 GTI
    Name
    Ben

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...f3371&t=h&z=10

Just a reminder on this. People are more than happy to help out the community but they also have busy lives like the rest of us. Not trying to be a grump but I know they all appreciate respect, patience, and contributions to the beer economy

+ Reply to Thread