Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: VAG-COM Register

Daily
    2012 Mk6 Golf 118
    2nd Car
    2011 Mk6 Golf R
    Name
    Mark

Hi Folks,

Having some weird issues with the optical parking on my Golf R... it's basically stopped, park light just flashes and makes a constant beeping sound. I hope there are some errors being captured.

I am in Point Cook, Melbourne. Anyone over that side of town have a VAG-COM setup I could use to see if there any errors? If you are please drop me a private message

Thanks, Grego
    MY11 Golf .:R | 3 Door l Rising Blue l 3 Pedals l 19" Grey Pretoria Rims l Leather l Nav | Bluetooth

Mods: Milltek CatBack l Bluefin Stage 1 l Unibrace XB & UB | H&R Springs & Rear Sway | AWE & AmD Hybrid CAI | SprintBooster
    Cosmetics: P3 Gauge | Interior LED Lights | LED Turn Bulbs | R Centre Caps | Kerscher Front Splitter | NS Boost Gauge

To see my Build Thread >>>Click Here<<< Watch my Videos >>>Click Here<<<

Daily
    2012 Mk6 Golf 118
    2nd Car
    2011 Mk6 Golf R
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by GregoInc View Post
    Hi Folks,

Having some weird issues with the optical parking on my Golf R... it's basically stopped, park light just flashes and makes a constant beeping sound. I hope there are some errors being captured.

I am in Point Cook, Melbourne. Anyone over that side of town have a VAG-COM setup I could use to see if there any errors? If you are please drop me a private message

Thanks, Grego
    Bump... willing to drive to get help... anyone
    MY11 Golf .:R | 3 Door l Rising Blue l 3 Pedals l 19" Grey Pretoria Rims l Leather l Nav | Bluetooth

Mods: Milltek CatBack l Bluefin Stage 1 l Unibrace XB & UB | H&R Springs & Rear Sway | AWE & AmD Hybrid CAI | SprintBooster
    Cosmetics: P3 Gauge | Interior LED Lights | LED Turn Bulbs | R Centre Caps | Kerscher Front Splitter | NS Boost Gauge

To see my Build Thread >>>Click Here<<< Watch my Videos >>>Click Here<<<

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Clive

Quote Originally Posted by GregoInc View Post
    Bump... willing to drive to get help... anyone
    If you can drive to Sydney I can give you a hand

But on a serious note, I had the same issue with mine when one of my parking sensors died and had no VCDS. If they still display the proximity information on your RNS/RCD when reverse is engaged (the yellow/red bars around the car icon that how far away the object is), have someone walk around the car and see which one doesn't register. I managed to narrow it down to the front-left-middle one, replaced it and the problem went away.
    MK6 Golf R / DSG / Rising Blue / APR Stage 2+ / APR DSG Tune / Scorpion TBE / Unitronic CAI / APR HPFP / Eurojet FMIC / IE PCV Delete / R8 Coil Packs / GFB DV+ /

I am in noble park if you are willing to make a trip.
    Have a Micro-CAN.

Daily
    2007 MKV Golf GTI
    2nd Car
    5 speed office chair
    Name
    Macca

Micro-CAN
    Gosford NSW
    Willing to help.

Daily
    MKV Golf GTI
    2nd Car
    Starbo GT

Another Micro, Gosford NSW.
    Give me a shout.

Daily
    MK6R
    Name
    Al

does anyone in the sydney (inner west) region have a VCDS cable i may be able to borrow or could help me do a code or 2?

Daily
    Golf MKV
    Name
    Nikola Belic

Is there anyone in Melbourne with a Micro-Can who can help me with clearing a few fault codes?

Hi all, I have a central locking issue and would like to check the door locked status of my passenger door lock. Can anyone help out with this? I'm in Drummoyne, NSW but can drive.

Thanks

Will

Daily
    Mk5 Golf GTI
    Name
    William

Hi guys,

Anyone with VAGCOM in sydney, south west around hurstville/beverly hills?

Looking to change coding for the led taillights on a mkv

Okay so this is a followup to my OEM inner LED wiring DIY. The VCDS for a ring effect is as per this thread (kudos to Craig aka buckets for linking me).

It's interesting to note that the long coding that was standard here in Australia was a mix of US and Euro coding. From bits 9-13 the codes in Central Electronics Module were:

14 00 00 14 00

Apparently 14 is the US standard brightness level and is quite a bit brighter than the OEM Jetta 0F value - IMO 14 is the right amount from the looks of things, OEM would be rather dim if that were true.

Anyway similar to the modification in the linked thread, just change bit 9 to 00 and you'll have a ring for your outer parkers but still have the brightly lit middle circle when you brake:

00 00 00 14 00

TIA!

+ Reply to Thread