Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Music in your MK7

Daily
    Golf7 110 TSI R-Line
    Name
    Jungwoo Lee

Quote Originally Posted by cris2 View Post
    They sell a sub that has a built in amp that also runs the rest of the speakers. Sounds much better. They should have done it as standard I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Where can I buy one of these bad boys?

Genuine Volkswagen

Daily
    Golf MkV11
    Name
    Kevin

what holds this in place? did you do the install yourself ? any coding required? thanks

Daily
    GTI Mk7
    Name
    Mitch

I spent $1200-$1300 to replace all speakers, including an under-seat subwoofer, and it is like surround sound (via factory head unit)

Daily
    Golf MkV11
    Name
    Kevin

I've just installed the Helix box sub and its a massive difference to stock system, easy to install, and comes with a shorting plug if you need to remove it so your system reverts to original amp, the unit does require programming and I've got a dongle for rent if anyone needs it.

Daily
    Golf GTI 40th
    2nd Car
    Polo 77TSI
    Name
    Brent

Seconding KFiddy's advice, i have the spare tire Helix sub, wasn't able to source locally but imported from Germany for about the same cost landed. The spare tire sub does not come with the shorting plug to revert if you did want to chuck the space saver in for a longer road trip. Although in the back of the GTI with the boot level in the highest position I can see the spare fitting also (will test out).

Daily
    Golf MkV11
    Name
    Kevin

yes word is the spare will fit in the highest position in a GTI but wont work in a R - I'll check the plug but you should be able to make the shorting plug as there just simple pin to pin wires
    Quote Originally Posted by ada3k View Post
    Seconding KFiddy's advice, i have the spare tire Helix sub, wasn't able to source locally but imported from Germany for about the same cost landed. The spare tire sub does not come with the shorting plug to revert if you did want to chuck the space saver in for a longer road trip. Although in the back of the GTI with the boot level in the highest position I can see the spare fitting also (will test out).

Daily
    Golf MkV11
    Name
    Kevin

shorting plug part number is 000051727B -$30

Daily
    Grey Wolfie Wagon
    2nd Car
    07 Forester XT Lux

Wolf wagon sound is good enough while I'm too broke to upgrade the amp/sub/speakers. At the moment I'm not that fussed about having to plug my iphone into the cable to get Carplay, at least while I was in Sydney and even going to the local shops was a good 15-20mins in the car. Now that I'm in a regional area it's like 5mins in the car. In the Wolfie the bluetooth sound level is only a little lower than plugged in levels. In my Forester (with upgraded head unit) the bluetooth sound is waaaay down so if I turn it up for bluetooth, then get in the car the next time and plug it in it'll blast my ears off.

When I'm not broke AF anymore I'd love to get the Helix system installed. I love me my loud clear music. Shpongle FTW!

Daily
    MK7 Golf R
    2nd Car
    Amarok
    Name
    Adem Birol

Quote Originally Posted by mitch_gc View Post
    I spent $1200-$1300 to replace all speakers, including an under-seat subwoofer, and it is like surround sound (via factory head unit)

What speakers and where from? Cheers

+ Reply to Thread