Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Music in your MK7

Daily
    Golf 7 Highline
    Name
    Steve Callaghan

I put a heap of music on a 16gb SD card in my MK 7 Highline and it sounds fine. Easy to access through display menu. Sound system sounds very good but of course car acoustics will always sound ok particularly the base notes.

Daily
    Wolfsburg R hatch
    Name
    Rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by DKC View Post
    Anyone now anything about the VW spare tire subwoofer? http://parts.vw.com/vwparts/index.cf...alogs&siteid=9
    interesting!

there's a big thread about it over here: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ount-Subwoofer!!

Daily
    Ford Transit
    2nd Car
    Wolfie Wag, Defender
    Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by DKC View Post
    Anyone now anything about the VW spare tire subwoofer? http://parts.vw.com/vwparts/index.cf...alogs&siteid=9
    I'd like to know more about that as well, or a better solution for a MK7 wagon.

Daily
    Golf GTI 40th
    2nd Car
    Polo 77TSI
    Name
    Brent

This post - http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...1#post86246969 seems to indicate pretty definitively that it will not fit in the R's.

Daily
    R Wolfsburg Estate

Hmmm i was about to order a helix for my R. Im sure ive seen then done in R's.

Anyone with an R and a normal mk7 than can get info on the wheel well? Is it different???

Daily
    R Wolfsburg Estate

Anyone find out any more on this?

Hmmmm - helix installed in R here in aus. http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...ead-98489.html
    Last edited by monkeysrus; 13-10-2015 at 09:35 PM.

Daily
    GTI Mk7
    Name
    Mitch

I am upgrading all my speakers on Monday, retaining the 5.8 factory head unit. Opting for Morel speakers all round with Nakamichi 8" sub, plugged straight in, no amp.

I'll update with a review soon....
    Last edited by mitch_gc; 22-02-2017 at 03:28 PM.

Daily
    Golf Mark 7

Quote Originally Posted by yudhas View Post
    As an audiophile and a former musician who spent a lot of time in music studios, I have to say that the audio on the MK7 R is disappointing. For a car around that price range, I expected the stock audio to be a lot better or maybe it's just me who is very picky in terms of sound quality. Previously I owned an Audi Q3 when I lived in the US and the standard audio was a lot better than the MK7. All my previous cars have either an upgraded system from the factory or I upgrade them myself, I was surprise that with the MK7 R you don't even have the option to upgrade it from the factory here in Australia.

As soon as I finish my other upgrades (come on APR, release those downpipes for the R), then I'm definitely upgrading the audio.
    Although I was coming from a 95 corolla, I did test a lot of cars before settling on the MK7 and the sound quality is actually very impressive. The best sound system I have ever heard was an upgraded system in an e60 series but given how much was forked over for it, you would expect nothing less. For a pretty much entry level vehicle the MK7 sound system blew me away. I have gotten used to it now and now I'm starting to pick faults with it and now I'm wishing it was a little better, but to be honest, the amount I paid for it, forget about it, it's pretty spectacular.

Daily
    VW Golf MY14 103TSI
    2nd Car
    Subaru Outback Premi
    Name
    Trent

I didn't come from a 95 Corolla (more like a 2004 VZ Calais with factory sub) but I agree. The sound is pretty bloody good and meets my expectations for a daily drive.

They sell a sub that has a built in amp that also runs the rest of the speakers. Sounds much better. They should have done it as standard I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread