Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maurice Blackburn class action expression of interest

Daily
    VW Golf Mk7 TDI HL
    2nd Car
    None
    Name
    Tyson

Maurice Blackburn class action expression of interest

Maurice Blackburn are attempting to gather expression of interest for a possible class action lawsuit. Here's the link:

http://www.mauriceblackburn.com.au/c...-investigation

The details:

Volkswagen consumer law action
    Volkswagen Australia has now confirmed that approximately 90,000 Australian vehicles will need to be recalled. This announcement however does not address the compensation concerns of affected car owners, meaning a consumer class action is almost certainly now the only avenue for redress.

Volkswagen has failed to provide any clarity on how it is intending to compensate consumers who might lose thousands of dollars in increased running costs or reduced re-sale value for affected vehicles. A voluntary recall has been announced for affected cars, however it is our view that resolving this issue for consumers is unfortunately not as straightforward as simply removing defeat device chips from cars affected. While removing these devices is necessary, the removal will impact on the vehicleís future engine performance, efficiency, service intervals and resale value, and Volkswagen to date have failed to provide any advice to consumers on how they will manage these impacts.

Confirmation that more than 90,000 vehicles in Australia are affected is also a much larger scope than was first thought, further strengthening Maurice Blackburnís view that a class action is now most likely. It is understood there are approximately 61,189 VW passenger cars, 17,000 VW vans, 14,000 Audis and 5000 Skoda cars made from 2009 to 2015 that are affected.

Already Maurice Blackburn has had hundreds of people from around the country register their interest in the potential class action in response to this incident, and it is expected this will continue.

The firm is also continuing to closely monitor the outcome of the ACCCís investigation into this matter.

The class actions mechanism is the best chance people have of holding companies that have caused mass wrongdoing to account, and Maurice Blackburn urge anyone affected by this recall to register their interest with us via our website as soon as possible.

Maurice Blackburn is the nationís leading class action law firm, having secured the nationís only class actions recoveries in excess of $100 million, having done that for clients eight times now.

Daily
    Audi S3 8V
    2nd Car
    14' Nogaro
    Name
    Chris

Several people I know have lodged their interest to this class action and had a phone interview with the ACCC regarding marketing, purchasing and contract material. Hope Fraudswagen suffers for this blatant act of fraud.

Regardless if it harms the resale value of my Audi'

Daily
    86GTS & Golf 6 R
    2nd Car
    MINI Clubman S
    Name
    Nat

and yeah if anyone happens to slip and fall on the maurice blackburn lawyers office reception, you may be entitled to $100k compensation

just get slater and gordon to represent your claim against maurice

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Daily
    Golf R and BMW X1
    2nd Car
    BMW 135i Coming soon
    Name
    Linh

I go to Maurice tomorrow

Can someome pours some milk on the floor so I slip and fall

Please
    Cars : 2013 Golf R, 2011 BMW X1 Xdrive25i, Bicycles Argon 18 Krypton + Gallium Pro + E114, watch collector

Daily
    R32 MKV
    Name
    Paul

An ignorant question.. I presume this is a recall nomination based on the recent emissions debarcle?

If so, It's an interesting position given there are no emissions standards in this country and therefore no need to recall. No change means no alteration to the published output for the engine other than the emission levels. I fail to believe 100% of customers in this country bought a vehicle soley on the premise of it's emission output.

Daily
    mk6 gti
    2nd Car
    jdm dc2
    Name
    Tai

Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    An ignorant question.. I presume this is a recall nomination based on the recent emissions debarcle?

If so, It's an interesting position given there are no emissions standards in this country and therefore no need to recall. No change means no alteration to the published output for the engine other than the emission levels. I fail to believe 100% of customers in this country bought a vehicle soley on the premise of it's emission output.
    There are emissions standards in Australia, hence the reason for catalytic exhaust...

At the end of the day, wether you brought it for the "good" emissions standards or not. The value of your car has mostly likely took a major cut after the scandal.... Whats wrong asking for compensation?
    3dr Candy White mk6 GTI powered by GIAC & Exoticars
    mods: $8200 worth
    240kw atw

Daily
    R32 MKV
    Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by _gti View Post
    There are emissions standards in Australia, hence the reason for catalytic exhaust...

At the end of the day, wether you brought it for the "good" emissions standards or not. The value of your car has mostly likely took a major cut after the scandal.... Whats wrong asking for compensation?
    Apologies, not how I was approaching it Tai. Yes I realise there are some base line standards, but certainly not to the point of where the Californian or Europe standard applies. Im not dismissing a class action just questioning the validity in this market. I guess only time will tell on the resale, but if there is no said higher standard, then technically no breach, id wonder how much impact it really does have to individuals

Daily
    Golf R and BMW X1
    2nd Car
    BMW 135i Coming soon
    Name
    Linh

well you may get $1000USD gift Card for Christmas

http://www.news.com.au/technology/in...-1227602600165
    Cars : 2013 Golf R, 2011 BMW X1 Xdrive25i, Bicycles Argon 18 Krypton + Gallium Pro + E114, watch collector

Daily
    R32 MKV
    Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by blackmsport View Post
    well you may get $1000USD gift Card for Christmas

http://www.news.com.au/technology/in...-1227602600165
    gift card and shut your mouth is bang out of order from them.

And this from the article...

"Many owners are angry at the company for cheating because they paid extra for the cars to be environmentally sensitive without losing peppy acceleration" which is total horse. People bought them for run cost savings.

Daily
    Golf R and BMW X1
    2nd Car
    BMW 135i Coming soon
    Name
    Linh

+ Reply to Thread