Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maurice Blackburn class action expression of interest

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Michael

DILLIGAF. My R is tuned. Guaranteed it doesn't meet the standards
    5 Door Golf R / DSG / TurboXS DP / Recode tune / EVOMS CAI / Autotech HPFP / Godspeed Project FMIC / 12.581 @ 107.49 mph

Daily
    86GTS & Golf 6 R
    2nd Car
    MINI Clubman S
    Name
    Nat

the brochure for mk6 r says 8.7L/100km.

mine used 60L+ for 150km... (at Morgan Park) something is definitely not right!!

or 2.5 tanks for 750km trip to Morgan Park (bit better).

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Daily
    VW Golf R
    2nd Car
    VW Scirocco R
    Name
    Sergio

Daily
    Golf R and BMW X1
    2nd Car
    BMW 135i Coming soon
    Name
    Linh
    Cars : 2013 Golf R, 2011 BMW X1 Xdrive25i, Bicycles Argon 18 Krypton + Gallium Pro + E114, watch collector

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Michael

WTF. The users have had full use of the vehicle since purchase. What makes them think that they're entitled to a full refund? The charge back from VW for rental of the vehicle whilst in their possession would be more than the cost of the vehicle in most cases. What damage has been caused to the owner of the vehicle? Damn ambulance chasers!
    5 Door Golf R / DSG / TurboXS DP / Recode tune / EVOMS CAI / Autotech HPFP / Godspeed Project FMIC / 12.581 @ 107.49 mph

Daily
    Holden supa nova ha!
    2nd Car
    GOLF R
    Name
    Hong

so how many people out there who purchased a car whether it'd be a VW or Toyota bought it because of the emissions it emits?
    emission laws in Europe and California are stricter than what we have here. so our cars with "cheat devices" still may pass our emission regulations.
    question is, will this stop you from buying another VW? probably won't stop me.
    2012 Golf R
    GIAC Extreme that is all.......
    VAGtuning.com.au GET ON IT!!!!!
    VW**** Alliance

Daily
    R32 MKV
    Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by HCGTI View Post
    so how many people out there who purchased a car whether it'd be a VW or Toyota bought it because of the emissions it emits?
    emission laws in Europe and California are stricter than what we have here. so our cars with "cheat devices" still may pass our emission regulations.
    question is, will this stop you from buying another VW? probably won't stop me.
    ^ 100%

Unfortunately the main driver is people being caught up in said mindset. People on mass then think "VW is crap", and that will be a main point for the class action based around supposed resale value that will be affected by a misinformed frenzy.

No one actually got positioned into buying a VW because another manufacturer couldn't pass emissions tests in Australia which don't exist. So that whole argument that people bought to save the dolphins is really just an unproven statement.

If however all this does affect resale, then people are fair and reasonable in wanting some compensation

Daily
    2016 RR Evoque
    Name
    Travis

This is correct, my car is effected and the only compensation I would want if any goes through would be to make up what might hit me in decreased re sale, even though there nothing wrong with the car.
    TBJs GTD
    Check out Instagram - Range Rover @hsedynamic

Daily
    Mk6 GTD
    2nd Car
    BA XR6 Turbo ute
    Name
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by zbeasty View Post
    WTF. The users have had full use of the vehicle since purchase. What makes them think that they're entitled to a full refund? The charge back from VW for rental of the vehicle whilst in their possession would be more than the cost of the vehicle in most cases. What damage has been caused to the owner of the vehicle? Damn ambulance chasers!
    Everyone turns in to a lawyer when they skim read the repair, replace, refund policy and think they are entitled to everything for free.
    But they should read it properly...

Daily
    Mk7 R

Quote Originally Posted by dev17a View Post
    and yeah if anyone happens to slip and fall on the maurice blackburn lawyers office reception, you may be entitled to $100k compensation

just get slater and gordon to represent your claim against maurice

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
    The current irony of Maurice Blackburn acting for Slater & Gordon shareholders in a securities class action

+ Reply to Thread