Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sold. please remove

Daily
    GTI MK5
    Name
    Ryan

sold. please remove

sold
    Last edited by fryz1e; 09-08-2016 at 08:19 PM. Reason: sold item

Daily
    MK6 GTI
    Name
    Jacky

Does this fit on Mk6 GTI?

Daily
    GTI MK5
    Name
    Ryan

I dont think so mate, in pretty sure yours has the shorter intake style have a look on the k&n website to get a better idea with your year model

Daily
    MKV GTI

Great intake! I also run the same and the fuel trims are spot on. Great sound and good power gain. For the money, it's a steal. GLWS
    MKV GTI - Candy White

Daily
    GTI MK5
    Name
    Ryan

cheers mate the sound is awesome, and power gain is nice aswell
    mk5 GTI candy white, whiteline anti-lift kit, superpro dogbone mount insert, 043 motorsport engine mounts, autobahn88 fmic, turbosmart plumb back dv, gfb lightweight drive pulley, r8 coil packs, 3" turbo back exhaust, injen cold air intake, borg warner k04 turbo upgrade

Daily
    F30 BMW 328i
    2nd Car
    2006 Golf GTI MK5
    Name
    Rob

Hi Ryan. How do you compare this against your injen in terms of sound? (is it as loud, flutter, turbo whine)

Daily
    GTI MK5
    Name
    Ryan

there is no flutter, unless you mess around with the diverter valve which can cause issues in itself. i find the k&n to be a little louder than the injen both on spool and when dumping boost, it is very satisfying. the injen seems a little higher pitched than the K&N and with the K&N the power seems to be availible a little quicker which is always good. i think most of these attributes are to do with the size of the filter, the K&N has a much larger pod than the injen. the other main differences are the mount points and the maf position. on the K&N the maf is basically where the stock one would be close to the turbo inlet and it mounts to the engine directly. the injen has the maf further away from the turbo and the pipe mounts to a rubber bush near the battery so it is not physically touching the engine. hope this helps.

i should mention ive de-tuned from the bluefin stage 2 recently in preparation for a new tune so this is all working with the ecu as stock
    mk5 GTI candy white, whiteline anti-lift kit, superpro dogbone mount insert, 043 motorsport engine mounts, autobahn88 fmic, turbosmart plumb back dv, gfb lightweight drive pulley, r8 coil packs, 3" turbo back exhaust, injen cold air intake, borg warner k04 turbo upgrade

Daily
    F30 BMW 328i
    2nd Car
    2006 Golf GTI MK5
    Name
    Rob

Scrap that...I'll take it, try it out and put it back up if it doesn't work out for me.

I'll PM you now
    Last edited by Roemac; 04-11-2015 at 03:37 PM.

Name
    Vickna

hey is this still for sale?

Daily
    GTI MK5
    Name
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by vickna View Post
    hey is this still for sale?
    Sorry bud sold a while ago but panjo wont let me take down the listing, ill try edit the thread to clearly say sold

+ Reply to Thread