Awesome Andrew. Cant wait to see how this turns out as well.
As few of you have asked about the latest Turbo project on a 3.2L V6 Audi/VW engine, we will shortly upload a link much along the lines of the current ABT Supercharged Golf R32 news thread. Meanwhile here is the car on our hoist ready for the strip. In general summary:
1. Single Turbo, special edition setup with 550hp and 650Nm of power output at crank.
2. Nickel plated high flow headers
3. 200 Cell Sports catalic converters
4. Custom Exhaust
6. High pressure head gasket
7. High strength con-rod bearings
8. High flow injectors
9. Custom Turbo Intake manifold
10. High temperature silicone hoses and other plumbing components
11. ECU remap with performance software to suit this application
12. New 7 plate high pressure clutch packs for DSG gearbox
13. New MechaTronic DSG remap
14. Limited slip differential at front
15. Gauges and other stealth components yet to be finalized.
Hope you will enjoy the write up and pictures as much as we will building this car for our client.
Going to be a beast
Very nice, can't wait to see more pictures mate. What brand is the new clutch for the DSG?
MY06 GTI / DSG / LEATHER / 5DR / REFLEX SILVER / COLOUR CODING ALL LOWER LIPS / BLACKED OUT BADGES / EIBACH LOWERED SPRINGS / CUSTOM 3 INCH EXHAUST WITH HITECH MUFFLER / CARBON FIBRE DSG PADDLES / NITTOS NTO5 225/R18 / VMR V701'S 18x8.5 / BLACK EURO PLATES
Hi There. Pictures coming soon. We have discovered a small technical issue relating to Audi components which will be going back to Audi for warranty repairs before we seriously change the entire car. As far as the brand of the clutch is concerned, the special friction material is apparently manufactured by TMD Friction of Germany and plates upon which the material is fixed on are OEM VW, not entirely sure where VW makes the base plates. Both are assembled in Germany for this project and have no specific brand. If you are trying get me to spell out that infamous 3 letter acronym, I wont. I have been told its not the best use of this forum and I may add, not the best use of my time debating this. Hope you understand.
Please provide costings as I'm interested to see if I can afford such a proposition
Update. More pictures and descriptions will be posted this week. Catching up on admin with new admin person taking picture/marketing responsibilities. The engine is in pieces, on our Twitter link below, you can see the HGP turbo manifold pre-fitted from earlier today.
The turbo charged HGP Audi TT project TTT is well and truly on the way (Australian first Supercharged 63 AMG next). Couple of before and now pics below. Will update full story next week.
Engine, DSG Gearbox, forced induction, all updated or new. Total transformation for this 550Hp project.