Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Golf R MK7 Performance monitor

Name
    Brian

Blue tech gauge = waste of time in an R, how many tree huggers by a golf let alone a golf R...don't get me wrong I love trees , chipped and smoking my leg of lamb on my Webber

Daily
    mk7 Golf R
    2nd Car
    '08 CBR600RR
    Name
    Troy

AHH, it's an economy/efficiency gauge. The kind of gauge you look at for a laugh while you pin it, like the instantaneous fuel consumption hahaha....mmmm 40L/100km

Daily
    R Wolfsburg Wagon
    Name
    Anthony

See below reply from Five Dock dealer where I purchased.

"I have heard back from technical, this feature is not available yet and the programming possibilities will not be apparent till later on in the year as I have been told by Engineering".

After querying why our US counterparts were able;
    "Engineering at Volkswagen Australia are saying it is not available at this point in time..
    I can only be led by them as all software comes from head office through Germany then to VGA then to us."

Daily
    Mk7 Golf R
    2nd Car
    Mk5 1.4 Golf

I actually have this in my Golf R.

It's a Mk7 Golf R and I can confirm that you need the VW guys to do it. They also give you the codes as a backup if there are any issues. I also got voice and traffic activated on my Golf R

Daily
    bus/737b
    2nd Car
    MK7 Golf R
    Name
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by laggyzee View Post

It's a Mk7 Golf R and I can confirm that you need the VW guys to do it. They also give you the codes as a backup if there are any issues. I also got voice and traffic activated on my Golf R
    what build date is your R?
    2016 MK7 R LGM DSG

Daily
    MY16 VW Golf R
    2nd Car
    16 Subaru Forest XTP
    Name
    Mark

interesting, as I have a MY16 Golf R build Date August 16 and I don't have this option at all.

Daily
    bus/737b
    2nd Car
    MK7 Golf R
    Name
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by mrkhna View Post
    interesting, as I have a MY16 Golf R build Date August 16 and I don't have this option at all.
    if it is an actual build date of aug 16 (not the compliance date), your R will have it.
    2016 MK7 R LGM DSG

Daily
    Golf 103TSI
    2nd Car
    Polo (6R)

Of course if you can't get the Performance monitor, you could always try it's look-alike : Off-Road Display (different gauges)

Off Road Display - Instructions:

WARNING: VCDS users that have a HEX+CAN, or Micro CAN Cable please note that this tweak (and any tweaks) on MIBII units (address Hex5F) should only be implemented with Ross Tech software version 15.7.3 (or later).

REQUIREMENT: This tweak will only work on MIBII units that have SATNAV installed (don't bother trying if a SATNAV is not present).

Step 1. On Select Control Module screen click "Select"
    Step 2. Select 5F-information Elect
    Step 3.
    Go to step 4 - Note: I've had reports from some forum colleagues that a security code was needed. If the adaptation channel settings in Step 5 are locked:
    Step 3A. Go back to the Open Controller screen and select Security Access-16
    Step 3B. Enter the magic number 31347 (if this doesn't work- exit RT software, wait a while with the ignition-on and try 20103)
    Step 4. Select Adaptation-10
    Step 5. Change the following adaptation channels:
    • (81)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_compass - set to active (default not active)
    • (83)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_compass_over_threshold_high - set to active (default not active)
    • (41)-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-compass_0x15 - set to active (default not active)

Exit the Ross Tech software
    Step 6. Reset the MIB unit - press and hold the ON/OFF button on the infotainment unit for greater than 10 seconds.[/QUOTE]

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 27-01-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Daily
    My 16 Golf R
    2nd Car
    Nissan Dualis
    Name
    lenny

Quote Originally Posted by laggyzee View Post

Which dealer did you go to?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Daily
    Wolfsburg Wagon

Any more news on this issue?

+ Reply to Thread