Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Audio Upgrade

Daily
    R Wolfsburg Estate

Ive found a supplier for the version B helix sub / amp setup compatible with MIB2. Should have in a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed its works in the wagon ha ha!!!

Daily
    Golf R
    2nd Car
    550 Pathfinder
    Name
    Nick

If you guys want to be blown away, the below Focal speakers are amazing.

I have them front and back with a 4 x channel Alpine PDX. The sound has to be heard to be believed. I have the amp popping out the front of the front passenger seat. Its not inconvenient.

http://www.focalaustralia.com.au/sho...-2-way-165kr2/

Beware of going to the most expensive option in the range as the tweeters do not fit in the stock position.
    http://www.focalaustralia.com.au/sho...2-way-165krx2/

Daily
    Golf R Wolfsburg
    Name
    Primordial

Out of interest, how did you connect from the headunit to the PDX?

Daily
    Golf R
    2nd Car
    550 Pathfinder
    Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Primordial View Post
    Out of interest, how did you connect from the headunit to the PDX?
    The audio guy did it all. I think there was a processor involved. I recently got a 1200 watt PDX amp with a 12 inch sub that he ran straight off the processor as well. The guys in Brookvale Sydney did it. Wrapped with their work.

Daily
    Golf R Wolfsburg
    Name
    Primordial

Sounds like a great setup - What sort of enclosure/mounting for the sub did you end up with? Got any pics?

Daily
    Mk7 R

FYI, Fairfield Car Radio are probably still the Australian distributor for Focal, and they make some great compact amps with hi-level input junction boxes

Daily
    VW GOLF GTI MK6
    2nd Car
    hyundai santa fe
    Name
    Matt Ridley

Quote Originally Posted by groover View Post
    The audio guy did it all. I think there was a processor involved. I recently got a 1200 watt PDX amp with a 12 inch sub that he ran straight off the processor as well. The guys in Brookvale Sydney did it. Wrapped with their work.
    what processor was involved do you know

I can probably help out with this, only just got my golf but very much an audio enthusiast

This is my car featured in in car magazine with my sss pulsar

Daily
    Golf R Wolfsburg Ed
    Name
    Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by monkeysrus View Post
    Ive found a supplier for the version B helix sub / amp setup compatible with MIB2. Should have in a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed its works in the wagon ha ha!!!
    Do you mind posting whereabouts and how much? I've been on the hunt for awhile and could only find a place in Germany which didn't ship internationally. Cheers

Daily
    Golf R
    2nd Car
    550 Pathfinder
    Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by 2lmilk View Post
    what processor was involved do you know

I can probably help out with this, only just got my golf but very much an audio enthusiast

This is my car featured in in car magazine with my sss pulsar

IC7 I think.

Drury at Brookvale did all the work. Shea is the guy to speak to.

Awesome detail on your Pulsar system. My 12 inch sub in the Alpine box, is strapped in the boot with a tie down strap from Bunnings. Easy to get in and out when the pram goes in the boot.

Daily
    2017 Focus RS
    2nd Car
    17 Honda HRV (wifey)
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by KDG123 View Post
    Yesterday I upgraded the front speakers (splits) only, and the improvement in clarity, bass, volume, and lack of distortion is remarkable. I wanted to hear the difference with speaker upgrade first before adding an amp and a sub. I looked at an integrated Nakamichi sub/amp for under the front seat, but it did not fit, and I didn't want something attached to the back of the rear seat (have done that before, but with the family and need to use the space my priorities have changed).

The original speakers are pretty basic looking 20W. I'm no audiophile, but the improvement is so marked I really didn't feel I needed to add the amp or the sub. The original speaker was this:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    and replaced with these:

Had it done by Kim's Car Audio in Canley Vale - really couldn't be happier
    Thanks for posting that. Been thinking to upgrade the fronts myself, however, as I've got no idea when it comes to car audio and if there would be any noticeable benefit, I've baulked at doing it.

What's a decent pair of fronts worth these days? I'm not looking at spending heaps.
    2017 Magnetic Grey Focus RS
    Tune+ Stage 1
    Eibach springs
    ST suspensions 12.5mm spacers
    Maxton Design front lip
    Maxton Design spoiler lip

Pure White MK 7 DSG Golf R. (Sold but not forgotten)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I started racing go-karts. And I love karts. It's the most breathtaking sport in the world. More than F1, indeed, I used to like it most.

Ayrton Senna

+ Reply to Thread