Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roof lining falling

Daily
    Golf GTI mk6
    Name
    Adam

http://allcarinteriors.com.au/services/
    These claim to have done many Golfs and have the material to match. Not been yet but will probably go with these. Seem experienced and they quoted $480.
    Will keep you posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daily
    Golf GTI mk6
    Name
    Adam

Big shout out to All Car Interiors. Just finally had my roof lining done and what a great job they have done. Colour match is near perfect, it's perhaps a little lighter but for anyone who doesn't know you can't tell.

http://allcarinteriors.com.au/services/

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Lucas

Curious as to how this happens to some cars but not others? Does parking the car in the hot summer sun and cold and wet winter months do the damage by loosening the glue in extreme temps? Does smoking in the car do the damage or is this an old wives tail?

Eg my good friend had a 2007 Mk5 GTI always parked out in the sun / never garaged and roof lining was fine.

My 2010 Mk6 GTI has been garaged and parked in the shade in the past 2.5yrs that i have owned it, but the 1st owner was certainly not this fussy. My roof lining is still perfect.

Daily
    Golf GTI mk6
    Name
    Adam

They told me it's not the glue but the foam just goes rotten and the lining doesn't stick no more and starts to sag and the comes away at the weakest point. When mine came away I could look through and see the rotten foam backing.

Daily
    MKVI R
    Name
    George

Mines starting to fall apart too! Lining dropping down around the rear interior light
    MY11.5 GOLF R | DSG | ACC | RECARO | SUNROOF | BLUTOOTH | MDI | RVC |
    SPECTUNE | TURBOXS DOWNPIPE | MTM CATBACK | APR INTERCOOLER | HPFP FUEL PUMP | UNIBRACE UB | H&R SWAYBARS | KW DDC COILOVERS | SUPERPRO ALLOY ARMS | WHITELINE BUMP STEER KIT | HPA DOGBONE MOUNT | VOLK VRG2 | NEUSPEED CHARGE DISCHARGE PIPES
    REVOZPORT CARBON GRILL & MIRROR COVERS | GARAGE VARY CARBON DIFFUSER| OKADA COILS | VWR CAI| ALCON 4 POT EXTREME KIT| COMPETITION HALDEX | CUSTOM CODE DSG TUNE|

Daily
    2010 Golf GTI
    Name
    Paul

My 2009 GTI starting doing the exact same thing around 12 months ago. I had the entire roof lining replaced for around $250.
    Golf GTI mk6 - Candy White - DSG - Alpine X800D-U - Alpine Steering wheel interface and facia kit - DBdrive S9.6 Components Front - Alpine PDX-V9 5ch Amplifier - Dual Alpine SWR-8D4 - BPS Tuned 154.8kw / 387nm.

Daily
    07 GTI STG II 6 Spee

Guys seen this fix in a few cars. The most common place for the headlining to drop is from the front near the sunglass holder in the centre towards the windscreen.
    This appears to be fitted to prevent it dropping there.
    It appears to be an aftermarket part looking at it closely, there is no part numbers on it like normal VAG parts.

Very lightweight and seems like a 3d printed or fibreglass construction.

Last edited by KiwiS4; 09-05-2018 at 06:51 PM.

Daily
    VW Golf GTI Mk6

Have you fitted this? Is this something you do after it’s sagged? How does it work? You glue the lining to this? Where’s it from?

Daily
    07 GTI STG II 6 Spee

Not sure where its from as it came in the car, looks aftermarket and no part number on it.

I imagine you could use it when they are sagged and this would cover up where you reattach near the sunglass area

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY16 Polo GTI M
    Name
    Chris

The catch is this would still be a temporary fix as once the lining starts to go the whole thing will let go. So many places are doing roof linings now so the cost has come right down, prices seem to be from $200 to $600 to have the full lining and foam replaced. Lots of mobile options too where they come to you, i'm having mine repaired next week full new lining and sunroof panel.
    ║ "The mind is willing but the body is weak - Frazza 2013" ║ Follow me on Instagram

+ Reply to Thread