Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Andy's 2016 mk7 R - Manual

Daily
    Golf 7R
    Name
    Andy

Vwr springs at first I found them harsh and bouncy but after a few weeks i got used to it. They definitely arnt 'like factory' which is what I kept hearing. Although still would recommend them 😁

Vynil inserts I got from kli motorwerkes, as for the rear badge I used a plastic 'putty' applicator and worked from the bottom and around its quite easy 👍

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Daily
    Golf 7R
    Name
    Andy

Been quite some time since ive logged on here, no real updates wedding plans have carparts on hold

Car had its first service at Peerless Automotive highly recommend them the team where great to deal with. Heres afew happy snaps after a quick wash the other day

Looking to do tune and wheels later on in the year ☺

Name
    Tim

Love it!

How do these things go with a intake and no tune? Coming from a subaru background its a big no no.

Loving the mods

Daily
    Golf 7R
    Name
    Andy

Well guys little update been a while, i see photobucket no longer allow 3rd party hosting images unless you pay 300 bucks a year...yeah no thanks.

Finally got a tune done, ended up going with Apr. Was very happy with it for the 4 hours i got to enjoy it before the clutch packed its bags lol, just lots of slip under load. Time for an upgrade leaning toward southbend stage 3 daily as its quite proven to withstand the added power

Daily
    audi s3
    Name
    little baby jesus

I have a southbound stage 3 daily mate, it handles the power well but mine is pretty noisey at idle...

I heard its luck of the draw with the noise though and also that they have improved that aspect so I hope thats the case for you...

Daily
    Golf 7R
    Name
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by guile View Post
    I have a southbound stage 3 daily mate, it handles the power well but mine is pretty noisey at idle...

I heard its luck of the draw with the noise though and also that they have improved that aspect so I hope thats the case for you...

I have heard they can be quite noisy, I was looking at NPC also they have developed a SMF setup now but cant seem to find much info on it or how well its gone with other users, southbend is pretty proven.

Daily
    Golf 7R
    Name
    Andy

So cars going in for NPC clutch kit, Turbosmart dual port, CTS TMD and 034 torque mount insert plus the 30k service getting done at the same time.
    Its all happening 😀😀

Ordered an oettinger roof spoiler so once it arrives get some paint on and fit it

So keen to not have a slipping clutch!

Few pics of the car recently plus the new mirror caps

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread