Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ring customer care for golf r mk7 rattle 1800 607 822

Daily
    Wolfsburg wagon
    2nd Car
    No

Ring customer care for golf r mk7 rattle 1800 607 822

Hi guys just a quick post regarding my previous post on the engine bay rattle i rang customer care and they said they will investigate but it seems they havnt received many phone calls regarding this problem and its worldwide throughout the vw group from the skoda, gti, golf r, audi s3.
    All im saying is if u have a rattle ring about it to create awareness 👍👍👍

Daily
    Golf R Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Whitewolfwagon View Post
    Hi guys just a quick post regarding my previous post on the engine bay rattle i rang customer care and they said they will investigate but it seems they havnt received many phone calls regarding this problem and its worldwide throughout the vw group from the skoda, gti, golf r, audi s3.
    All im saying is if u have a rattle ring about it to create awareness 
    I'm on board and will do first thing. Car is in for diagnosis next Friday with the tech already aware of rattle and thinks he 'may' have a solution.

Daily
    Mk7 R
    2nd Car
    MTB
    Name
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Carbyfed View Post
    I'm on board and will do first thing. Car is in for diagnosis next Friday with the tech already aware of rattle and thinks he 'may' have a solution.
    Wow thats interesting! The only "solution" to the rattle I'm aware of is replacement of the stock Down Pipe with a higher flow non-OEM DP.....let us know how you go (in any case I'll call (again) for what its worth- quite a few of us have so VWA customer care a F.O.S. in pleading ignorance.
    Golf R - Wolfsburg Edition - MY16 - Lapiz Blue - Euro Plates

Daily
    Wolfsburg Wagon

I rang the number and I was told to raise the issue with the dealership of purchase who will accurately diagnose the rattle. They now want me to bring the car in to be looked at thoroughly which to me is a complete waste of time since I know where the rattle is coming from! Anyone else been told different?

Daily
    Wolfsburg wagon
    2nd Car
    No

I should have put this in the original post, i spoke to john at customer care in sydney, the reference number is 1261109 for the case. I was told to book it in and at the same time record a clip and send it to john. Ive had it in twice, the first time at 7000kms and was told it a engine characteristic and the second time they put extra wrap around the fuel lines but didn't work. Where do u think it's coming from, the turbo?

Daily
    mk7 Golf R
    2nd Car
    '08 CBR600RR
    Name
    Troy

I was under the impression this sound was known to come from the turbo's wastegate

Daily
    Wolfsburg wagon
    2nd Car
    No

Yeah ive been reading around and some people seem to think an aftermarket downpipe changes the environment inside the turbo which fixes the rattle but I really don't want to mod my car as yet, its completely stock except for the pedalbox which makes it so responsive when i want it, im really happy with the car except for this rattle, im waiting for some time off work so i can record the sound and take it to the dealership to see if they can take a different approach. Id be interested to hear if anyone else with the rattle has had a different idea or approach from the dealer or service techs.

Daily
    Golf R Wagon

Had car in today for rattle:

TPI 2041451/1 - Metallic engine noise below 3000rpm in low gear.
    'Caused by flow in the turbocharger and considered as normal operation'. All ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daily
    Wolfsburg wagon
    2nd Car
    No

Thanks for the update mate, is that all they said? Did they not have a solution as u mentioned before? So they only diagnosed where the rattle is coming from? Cheers

Daily
    Golf R Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Whitewolfwagon View Post
    Thanks for the update mate, is that all they said? Did they not have a solution as u mentioned before? So they only diagnosed where the rattle is coming from? Cheers
    Head mechanic was away (again, for the third time). But this time there was a TPI that was just update a week or so ago I'm told. Instructions followed on to state " Do NOT replace turbocharger, operation is normal engine characteristic ". I did a good job of arguing the point for a whole 20 minutes laughing off a metallic noise caused by the air flow of a turbo but didn't get me anywhere. I'm going to try to call the head tech direct on Monday to follow up over the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread