Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ring customer care for golf r mk7 rattle 1800 607 822

Wow! That's interesting. Keep us informed.

Daily
    bus/737b
    2nd Car
    MK7 Golf R
    Name
    Andy

yeah, mine has started doing this - sounds like very faint bells ringing....ffs
    2016 MK7 R LGM DSG JB1

Daily
    MKVII Golf R
    Name
    Joe

Let me add some more information to my original post. Car is an MY16 delivered May 2016. So just shy of 8 months old. I took it in about a month ago with this issue and was given a piece of paper telling me it's a characteristic of the car. After driving a friends MK7 R and multiple R's at the VW driver day in Phillip Island without hearing the noise, I went back and basically told them I don't accept this noise as a characteristic. Technician agreed with me and now we are here...

So I requested to speak to the tech today after I got the call from the service department... They're being very secretive about it. Wouldn't give me a TPI number or any information of the sort.

All I have been told is there's been a new TPI issued for certain turbos and mine needs to be replaced. Pretty disapointed the car has to be pulled appart so early on but at least they're fixing it.

Car will be done by Friday so I will drive it over the weekend and let you guys know if the 'rattle' or 'ring' is gone. At least you can then be sure this has fixed it and follow up with your dealer.

Cheers!

Daily
    bus/737b
    2nd Car
    MK7 Golf R
    Name
    Andy

yeah, would love all the info you can provide on this - mine is a april 2016 build/july delivered.
    2016 MK7 R LGM DSG JB1

Daily
    Golf R Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by VVW747 View Post
    Let me add some more information to my original post. Car is an MY16 delivered May 2016. So just shy of 8 months old. I took it in about a month ago with this issue and was given a piece of paper telling me it's a characteristic of the car. After driving a friends MK7 R and multiple R's at the VW driver day in Phillip Island without hearing the noise, I went back and basically told them I don't accept this noise as a characteristic. Technician agreed with me and now we are here...

So I requested to speak to the tech today after I got the call from the service department... They're being very secretive about it. Wouldn't give me a TPI number or any information of the sort.

All I have been told is there's been a new TPI issued for certain turbos and mine needs to be replaced. Pretty disapointed the car has to be pulled appart so early on but at least they're fixing it.

Car will be done by Friday so I will drive it over the weekend and let you guys know if the 'rattle' or 'ring' is gone. At least you can then be sure this has fixed it and follow up with your dealer.

Cheers!
    Thanks for letting us all know. My diagnostic tech wants all info too as they are unaware of any revisions after mine. MY16 Jan delivered. Please keep us informed! 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daily
    MKVII Golf R
    Name
    Joe

No worries. Fingers crossed it solves the noise.

Carbyfed, Did you speak to your tech recently? I've been told it was in the last month that the TPI was released. Surely all the dealerships would be made aware of it.

Daily
    Golf R Wagon

Ring customer care for golf r mk7 rattle 1800 607 822

Quote Originally Posted by VVW747 View Post
    No worries. Fingers crossed it solves the noise.

Carbyfed, Did you speak to your tech recently? I've been told it was in the last month that the TPI was released. Surely all the dealerships would be made aware of it.
    Spoke with him today. (Have him on speed dial). Stated that not all tpi's are common knowledge as they can take many weeks to show up on database..... with a tpi he can order parts without any authorization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daily
    MKVII Golf R
    Name
    Joe

Interesting. I will do my best to get the TPI number.

I need to get my techs desk phone. He was so helpful today. Sick of dealing with the front desk service peeps. They do my head in with lack of knowledge.

Just wanted to confirm.. Is the noise like a high pitched ringing at WOT? Trying to deduce whether I have the same thing.

Daily
    bus/737b
    2nd Car
    MK7 Golf R
    Name
    Andy

mine doesnt do it at WOT (I dont think-need to try & listen next time) & its not high pitched - sort of mid range bell sound - sounds to me like the boost solenoid is pulsing the wastegate flap rapidly when coming on boost & setting up either a harmonic resonance in the dump pipe or the flap/linkage is hitting something.
    I notice it more when tootling around at lowish speeds.
    2016 MK7 R LGM DSG JB1

+ Reply to Thread