Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GTI96 MK6 Golf GTI

Daily
    MY11 Golf GTI 3dr
    Name
    Carl

GTI96 MK6 Golf GTI

Hey guys, just decided to take up the time to write a little post on my Mk6 Golf GTI. Having been on this forum for a while now i haven't really posted anything about my Golf. Anyways this is my second Golf. I previously owned a 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6.I had that for the last 2 years before i finally decided i wanted to upgrade. While looking around for a new car i wasn't to sure if i was going to stay in the VW scene as i was very keen on picking up a BMW E36 328i. Anyways long story short i came across my Mk6 Golf GTI on car sales. A dealership was selling her for $22,000 with only 53,000km on it, which to me is a total steal. Being a red 3 door, manual and also with the DCC option i would of been stupid not to snatch her up. Anyways 1 year down the track and now with 68,000km i can not be more happier with what i have

Mods
    - SPM Lowering Springs
    -3inch Downpipe (Soon to be fitted)
    -Forge Twintake ( Soon to be fitted)
    -Res Delete
    -18inch Enkei Wheels with Bridgestone S001's

haha thought id take some quick snaps while i was helping my mate change his center bearing on his Commodore
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Daily
    '16 GTI Performance
    Name
    Mike

Very nice car, love the wheels against the red. Manual and 3 door? Definitely an awesome pickup

Keen on whats to come!

Daily
    MY11 Golf GTI 3dr
    Name
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by MikeAU View Post
    Very nice car, love the wheels against the red. Manual and 3 door? Definitely an awesome pickup

Keen on whats to come!
    haha yeah manual and 3 door. Also with DCC (Dynamic Chassis Control) option!

Daily
    2001 Audi S4
    Name
    Nick

Nice GTI mate. Love the way she sits, perfect for street duties

Daily
    MY11 Golf GTI 3dr
    Name
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Verse1 View Post
    Nice GTI mate. Love the way she sits, perfect for street duties
    Thanks! The SPM were a perfect choice. Roughly dropped the car 25mm i think. The front sits lower than the rear which i really like. Only scrape on the occasional drive way entrance but thats about it. Wish i could afford the dcc kw coilovers though.

Daily
    MY11 Golf GTI 3dr
    Name
    Carl

Just some quick snaps i took this arvo after washing my car at work. No new updates on my GTI but will be looking at replacing front pads and rotors in the next couple of weeks.

[IMG][/IMG]

Red vs Red
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I recently purchased the same but in white! I got her online from a second hand buy and sell site for a little over what you paid but with 50,600km on the clock. Its a sweet ride - sharp and lean. Enjoy!

Daily
    MY11 Golf GTI 3dr
    Name
    Carl

Okay, thought id update you guys on this thread since i haven't posted anything for about 7 months now. Since now and roughly 7 months ago i have managed to mod my GTI with the following. Sadly no tune yet but i'm hoping to get one in the next couple of months. Just deciding who to go with is the tricky part!

Recent Mods
    - DBA T3 Rotors
    - Bendix Pads
    - BFI Schwarz air leather gear knob
    - CTS Turbo Intake
    - CTS Turbo Torque arm insert
    - R8 Coils
    - GFB DV+ Valve

I did have a Forge Twintake but due to complications i had to let it go but shortly after i purchased a brand new CTS Intake. Fitting was pretty straight forward and simple.
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    MK6 Golf GTI Red 3 Door Manual
    GFB DV+, BFI Schwarz Shift Knob, Gloss VW emblems, Stock exhaust res delete, R8 coils, DBA T3 Front Rotors, CTS Turbo Intake, CTS billet torque arm insert, Enkei Raijin 18x8, Bridgestone S001 235/40/18

Have never been a fan of red cars but loving some of the red golfs on here

+ Reply to Thread