Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Visit your Volkswagen Dealer for a Sat Nav Map Update

Daily
    mk7 Golf R
    2nd Car
    '08 CBR600RR
    Name
    Troy

I * may* have something to do with having South America as your locale (top left)

No, I had Asia Pacific specified. If I specify South America I DO get the May16 update.....

Thanks

Daily
    mk7 Golf R
    2nd Car
    '08 CBR600RR
    Name
    Troy

Quote Originally Posted by flashman1207 View Post
    No, I had Asia Pacific specified. If I specify South America I DO get the May16 update.....

Thanks
    Sorry, I was replying to another user but fucked up the quote

Perhaps what that's saying then is that there's a May 16 update available for South Americas, but not for Oceania? Given I was directed to this website by my VW dealership as that's where they source their maps from, I'm either being bullshitted by the dealer, or there's a whole heap of wires being crossed in communication all over the place from head office down to us.

Quote Originally Posted by trozzle View Post
    Sorry, I was replying to another user but fucked up the quote

Perhaps what that's saying then is that there's a May 16 update available for South Americas, but not for Oceania? Given I was directed to this website by my VW dealership as that's where they source their maps from, I'm either being bullshitted by the dealer, or there's a whole heap of wires being crossed in communication all over the place from head office down to us.
    I downloaded the South America one and there definately seems to be Australian maps in it. Havent actually got round to loading it into the car yet though....

Daily
    GTI 7 PP
    2nd Car
    C250

I downloaded the South America one and there definately seems to be Australian maps in it. Havent actually got round to loading it into the car yet though....
    yeah it will include Australian maps in it. I've confirmed it by driving near the airport... Roe Hwy / Tonkin Hwy has now changed

Quote Originally Posted by Wasabiz View Post
    yeah it will include Australian maps in it. I've confirmed it by driving near the airport... Roe Hwy / Tonkin Hwy has now changed
    Thanks God for that, as they have moved the junctions the current GPS makes me miss them..... get so used to listening to directions !!!

Daily
    GTI 7 PP
    2nd Car
    C250

Thanks God for that, as they have moved the junctions the current GPS makes me miss them..... get so used to listening to directions !!!
    I know right! I get lost so much in that area until I had to rely on my phone for quite some time to navigate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daily
    mk7 Golf R
    2nd Car
    '08 CBR600RR
    Name
    Troy

That's very interesting then! What on earth would explain the incredible difference in download size then, if they both have the same content? :S

Daily
    2013 Golf tdi htch
    2nd Car
    2014 Golf tdi wgn
    Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by trozzle View Post
    Yeah that sounds like an issue on your end
    Got it. I had to remove some of your link you posted. That allowed me to select Asia Pacific and start the download. The instructions say you have to use the original SD card. I'm guessing that is largely BS? I've a Verbatim 8GB card that I've done a full FAT32 format on. I'd like to keep the original as a backup, but if someone can confirm that you must use the original, then I'll copy the contents to a folder for backup and use the original.

Daily
    2013 Golf tdi htch
    2nd Car
    2014 Golf tdi wgn
    Name
    Paul

The May 2016 update seems to have been removed. Via other methods I managed to download 2 different updates. For anyone who has download the 'Discovery Media' updates, what was the file name when it was downloaded. I have:

P34_N60S3MIBS2_ROW_NT.7z
    0635_V05_1911c.xROW2.7z

Which one is correct (if either)

Thx
    Tony
    I'm currently downloading the Nov 2015 P34_N60S3MIBS2_ROW_NT full file.

+ Reply to Thread