Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swapped to OEM+ tune today

Daily
    Mk7 R

Swapped to OEM+ tune today

Today I visitied Dean at fast stuff and had my stage 2 APR swapped across to the new Racingline OEM+ tune. I'm extremely happy with the smooth power delivery, slightly better top end pull but mostly impressed that boost controlled better/lower as I had turbo flutter/surge sound with APR and it's gone with this.

i'm sure if you're like me and were customer of Dean's, Guy's etc then you will also be swapping and gaining local support back with better tune.

Daily
    2014 7R APR1
    Name
    Dan

Interesting. I can't fault my APR tune, so struggle to think why change, despite the $200 swapper deal.
    The boys on the GTI/R Facebook page love the drama of tuner vs tuner

Daily
    Mk7 R

Dan, I was more than happy with APR tune but I've done all my mods and tunes with Dean at fast stuff and Use Harding Performance DSG software and had nothing but good advice from Guy. So I swapped to get my local support back.

Daily
    2014 7R APR1
    Name
    Dan

fair enough mate. Depends where you are. There is still a lot of local support for APR. Raz from Prestige Auto Works in Melbourne has done all my R's work

Daily
    MKVI Golf R
    Name
    Joel

I use Raz and the boys for my car as well but was going to have a chat to the team out at Fast Stuff for my Stage 3 upgrade as I dont think prestige have a lot of experience with that, plus Raz has so many high end cars going through the joint these days its hard to get him to take the time to quote me on it.

I didnt know they lost APR and I am really happy with it so far. Does OEM+ have a Stage 3?

Daily
    Mk7 R

Quote Originally Posted by Flexatron View Post
    I use Raz and the boys for my car as well but was going to have a chat to the team out at Fast Stuff for my Stage 3 upgrade as I dont think prestige have a lot of experience with that, plus Raz has so many high end cars going through the joint these days its hard to get him to take the time to quote me on it.

I didnt know they lost APR and I am really happy with it so far. Does OEM+ have a Stage 3?
    They are releasing a stage 3 shortly, it's hybrid turbo. Dean was saying on testing so far making over 500hp. Dean will be getting new S3 once released with the stronger DSG and going stage 3 in it straight away.

Got more info about this oem+ tune? Dyno charts?

Edit: Found the info I needed..... damn that was a lot of clicks.

JW
    Last edited by xintis; 17-07-2016 at 12:41 AM.

Daily
    Mk7 R

Best place to look on Harding performance on facebook for dyno of stage 2 MK7R and GTI. I believe dyno charts will go up
    In next few weeks. It's still early on with it.

I believe price is $1495 at present. Or $200 swap over fee. Just need proof of ownership of other tune. I read on facebook couple people buying JB1 for 600-700 and then pay $200 swap. Get tune for under 900!

Daily
    My 16 Golf R
    2nd Car
    Nissan Dualis
    Name
    lenny

Quote Originally Posted by mp2811 View Post
    Today I visitied Dean at fast stuff and had my stage 2 APR swapped across to the new Racingline OEM+ tune. I'm extremely happy with the smooth power delivery, slightly better top end pull but mostly impressed that boost controlled better/lower as I had turbo flutter/surge sound with APR and it's gone with this.

i'm sure if you're like me and were customer of Dean's, Guy's etc then you will also be swapping and gaining local support back with better tune.
    What year model do you have?

+ Reply to Thread