Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swapped to OEM+ tune today

Daily
    BMW X5
    2nd Car
    VW Mk6 Golf R
    Name
    Jared

Quote Originally Posted by mp2811 View Post
    They are releasing a stage 3 shortly, it's hybrid turbo. Dean was saying on testing so far making over 500hp. Dean will be getting new S3 once released with the stronger DSG and going stage 3 in it straight away.
    The Stage 3 hybrid will be making around the 500hp mark on Mk7/8V but the Stage 3 hybrid for the Mk6/8P want make anywhere near that.
    SOLD!!! 2012 VW Golf R 10.502 @ 130.52 on race fuel @10.85 @ 124.48 Pump fuel 98 @CN_111

Daily
    Mk7 R

Jared, Good clarification. I think David LEE in UK was close to your 1/4 mile time recently with TTE600?

My model is 2014 and has second revision turbo. Car is 2 years old with about 25K km on it. Tuned from 6 months and done almost 20k km tuned. I know I'm not out of woods with possible turbo failure but as long as lasts another couple of years min (hopefully never fails) I'm ok with it. At least now that the IS38 is turbo upgrade for the GTI can source one now under $2k delivered from USA. I think initially VW/AUDI wanting $4500-5000.

For me the enjoyment of the way car drives now, the modding process it's worth the risk of voiding warranty.

Daily
    BMW X5
    2nd Car
    VW Mk6 Golf R
    Name
    Jared

Quote Originally Posted by mp2811 View Post
    Jared, Good clarification. I think David LEE in UK was close to your 1/4 mile time recently with TTE600?

My model is 2014 and has second revision turbo. Car is 2 years old with about 25K km on it. Tuned from 6 months and done almost 20k km tuned. I know I'm not out of woods with possible turbo failure but as long as lasts another couple of years min (hopefully never fails) I'm ok with it. At least now that the IS38 is turbo upgrade for the GTI can source one now under $2k delivered from USA. I think initially VW/AUDI wanting $4500-5000.

For me the enjoyment of the way car drives now, the modding process it's worth the risk of voiding warranty.
    Yes David ran a [email protected] There's plenty left in his set up that's for sure. Its making well over 600hp and the only 7R I know of running the DQ500. They don't get allot of track time in the UK but that car has the potential to run much deeper in the 10's.
    If your going to bepaying $4500 for a stock IS38 you might as well stump up the $5500k plus labour for the OEM+ Stage 3 kit.
    SOLD!!! 2012 VW Golf R 10.502 @ 130.52 on race fuel @10.85 @ 124.48 Pump fuel 98 @CN_111

Daily
    MK7R
    Name
    Tommy

I found a TT525R for 7500, which kit are you talking about for 4500?

Daily
    Mk7 R

Quote Originally Posted by Damn Son View Post
    I found a TT525R for 7500, which kit are you talking about for 4500?
    I believe the stage 3 kit by racingline is around 5500 plus intall with tune to match. I'd want to add IC too so guessing would add up to around 8k installed.

I'd prefer to pay maybe 3k installed if possible and stay stage 2 with new release turbo.

Or looking up TTE maybe send my turbo and get TT525 at $2500 Euro less vat guessing around $3K for turbo. But Again need IC and then you need custom tuning. I'm personally not sure I want to push 500hp and 600nm in daily car anyway.

I believe if going stage 3 budget for engine build, flex fuelling kit and upgraded DSG clutches. Go all out and do it properly, since I don't track car and don;t have 30k to put into car, I'd just get latest model IS38 from states and stay stage 2.

I'm more than happy reading about you guys that do all that and my hat's off to you.

Daily
    MKVI Golf R
    Name
    Joel

I am about to finish the rest of my car leading into Stage 3 bar the bigger turbo. I havent decided what I am going to do with the DSG as of yet. What does the APR kit go for?

Am I better off getting the kit even if I already have most of the major parts such as HPFP. LPFP, IC so on or should I buy a GTX2867 kit and have it upgraded to an OEM/APR tune?

Daily
    MK7R
    Name
    Tommy

2.5k euro is 3.6k AUD not including shipping cost of sending your turbo + delivery fee and any importing fees

edit my 7500 was including a is38 turbo, so full package tte525r

id be interested to see the oem+ stage 3 kit, 5.5k is a bargain.
    Last edited by Damn Son; 18-07-2016 at 10:38 PM.

Daily
    BMW X5
    2nd Car
    VW Mk6 Golf R
    Name
    Jared

Quote Originally Posted by Flexatron View Post
    I am about to finish the rest of my car leading into Stage 3 bar the bigger turbo. I havent decided what I am going to do with the DSG as of yet. What does the APR kit go for?

Am I better off getting the kit even if I already have most of the major parts such as HPFP. LPFP, IC so on or should I buy a GTX2867 kit and have it upgraded to an OEM/APR tune?
    Joel the OEM+ kit coming out for the 6R will be a hybrid turbo set up like the TTE420. All your mods so far will be needed for the kit to work.

To me you have 3 options.

1. Wait for the OEM+ kit to arrive later this year. I would say the projected HP figure will be 420-440hp. There won't be a OEM+ tune for the APR Stage 3 kit.
    2. Purchase a TTE420 turbo and APR LPFP with and upload the APR tune - net the same power
    3. Purchase the full APR stage 3 GTX 2867r system with LPFP and net 480+ hp.

Option 3 will be far and away the most expensive. Possible twice the cost. Options 2 and 3 will be very similar $$ wise and net similar results.

Option 1 will be suck it and see with the DSG. Its hit and miss whether you need clutches. I'm still of the opinion to get the most out of the DSG with these power levels an upgraded clutch and dedicated DSG software is needed.

Just my two cents anyway.

Daily
    MKVI Golf R
    Name
    Joel

Thanks for that mate! Well considering how the build has started APR kit would be the wisest choice. Im not really after massive power just a nice safe every day set up. Last daily had about 600hp and I had it for a few years, im not stupid in my cars. Its more about the best possible option without having to spend the money twice.

Oh and I have a stage 2 DSG tune and would be upgraded with the bigger turbo, I was more referring to the clutch packs similar to yours. Im not going for your record or even a 10 second pass so if the standard DSG is reliable ill be happy with that

Its just so hard to get prices for some of these set ups/parts as most suppliers only deal with dealers and getting a quote out of them is a nightmare because they want to invest the time if youre not serious haha. Luckily my guy has been awesome so far

Daily
    audi s3
    Name
    little baby jesus

from the dead, does anyone know if the oem+ was released for the tte420 please. bloody google won't tell me anything about it so i'm guessing its not on the market...

+ Reply to Thread