Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mk7 R feeling like a front wheel drive

Daily
    2011 VW Golf VI R
    2nd Car
    2010 Kawasaki Z1000
    Name
    Bill

That's some serious thudding... I'd also be inspecting for any broke or damaged mounts.

Daily
    Mk7 Wolfie Wagon
    2nd Car
    Audi Q3
    Name
    Kenny

Hey Bill, who did your repair eventually? I hope my dealer is more useful than Sutherland.

Also hopefully no damaged mounts as I haven't had any accidents.

Daily
    Mk7 Wolfie Wagon
    2nd Car
    Audi Q3
    Name
    Kenny

Had my car repaired under warranty. They confirmed that the rear axle was not engaging. They said it was a software glitch that disabled the rear being engaged. There was a TPI on this (TPI 2046458/1) - the fix is resetting the error and updating the software. The fault code relevant to this is AWD mechanical failure.

This is different to a previous TPI (TPI 2041327/5), which had a fault code saying Haldex coupling pump failure, and the fix is replacing the Haldex pump.

Anyone has info on these TPIs?

Daily
    Golf R wolf wag

Had my Wolfie wagon repaired this week with the same problem but when using launch control it seems the rear wheels were spinning (Vw technician tested it out). Without launch control the front wheels would thud/hop. The fault code was AWD mechanical failure and the fix was just the software update. AWD back to normal now.

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Simon

Hi all
    My 2015 R (DSG) is tuned and has some traction issues. It feels like the rear diff is not engaging. I'm just out of warranty time.
    Can anyone advise how much to get the Haldex fixed? Is this a big dollar item?

Daily
    Mk6 R
    2nd Car
    Patrol GQ
    Name
    Ishan

@bigtinnie If you are sure itís an issue with the diff Iíd suggest talking to vw about getting it repaired under warranty
    If not, have a chat to consumer affairs. If itís 2015, itís just out of its 3y warranty and they should be willing to fix issues such as haldex issues which possibly could cost big $$$

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Simon

Quote Originally Posted by ishy View Post
    @bigtinnie If you are sure it’s an issue with the diff I’d suggest talking to vw about getting it repaired under warranty
    If not, have a chat to consumer affairs. If it’s 2015, it’s just out of its 3y warranty and they should be willing to fix issues such as haldex issues which possibly could cost big $$$
    Haldex pump is faulty and is being repaired under warranty.
    I went to a dealer that is not my usual dealer and they have also diagnosed the knock in my suspension. It is the strut top bearing. Also being fixed under warranty.
    I can confirm that Mt Gravatt Volkswagen on the south side of Brisbane are light years ahead as far as service is concerned with other dealerships I've used.

Quote Originally Posted by heat777 View Post
    Had my Wolfie wagon repaired this week with the same problem but when using launch control it seems the rear wheels were spinning (Vw technician tested it out). Without launch control the front wheels would thud/hop. The fault code was AWD mechanical failure and the fix was just the software update. AWD back to normal now.
    Same here. Have a 2015 Golf R Wolfie, and had zero traction to the rear wheels... was prepared to have the fight with the dealer if they pushed back on a Warranty Claim for a new Haldex/Diff, however they completely fixed it with a Software Update. I'm a Software Engineer, and this is extremely unlikely that that software develops "bugs" over time. My guess is that during it's last service, they may have flashed or applied another ECU update which introduced the issue to the controller of the Haldex Pump (to engage the rear Diff). It's the only explanation as to why (when I bought her new 3 years ago), she all of a sudden didnt have drive to the rear. Nothing MEchanical was of fault, however the same issue was logged on the ECU 'AWD Mechanical Failure'. Seems as though this is the generic "Try Catch" clause that the system logs when slip is detected at the front wheels, however drive is not transferred to the rear.

If any others are having front wheel spin (especially on 2015 models) go and see if you need the software update.

all the best,
    JD

+ Reply to Thread