Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mk7 golf R exhaust cabin drone

Daily
    Golf R Wolfsburg
    Name
    Primordial

I actually coded my car to make sure the valves are permanently open. Although I'd love a way to turn it on and off without having to pull out the laptop! :/

Daily
    Golf R mk7
    Name
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Primordial View Post
    I actually coded my car to make sure the valves are permanently open. Although I'd love a way to turn it on and off without having to pull out the laptop! :/
    LOL I too coded mine to be open and its still too silent... Maybe a resonator delete is in order...

Just goes to show one man's Drone is another's sweet melody..

Daily
    Golf R

haha..I bet your model is not 2014.. I really appreciated and can't get enough of the exhaust sound when accelerate over 1500RPMs.. but just between 1200-1500, it feels like you got one side window down at the back that sort of drone, you know what I mean

Daily
    Golf R

Problem absolutely fixed after a software update~Dealer did not even know there is an updated until I told them so...anyway, Thanks a lot!!!

Daily
    2007 GTI DSG
    Name
    Vas

Does this update have a name? My local dealer didn't seem to know about this.

Daily
    MK7 R (RIP GTI)
    2nd Car
    My feet

Thread resuurect...
    A bit late to the party having only got this car last year.
    I have a noticeably loud drone which is 1000% reproducible.
    Off-throttle 1250-1500 rpm, pretty much any gear but usually most noticeable in 3rd and 2nd. It's perhaps a little higher in 1st. It's louder with the windows down.
    Which is crap as you run through this zone constantly as you roll to a stop coming to a set of lights, etc.
    I also have the left side outer tailpipe with less carbon buildup.
    Deliberately took it to VW service at the 12month mark, mentioned both. Apparently everything working normally + nothing to fix...
    I'm pretty sure it's exhast related - my kids in the park today said they could hear the car coming to a slow stop as i got to lights about 100m away, which seems to correspond to what i hear in-cabin.

Anyone else with a Mk7.5 R with this drone?
    Funny
    MY18 MK7.5 R Pure White | Sunroof | Dynaudio | DAP | Cete Automotove Start-Stop Module | SG9663DCPro Camera
    RIP MY07 Reflex Silver GTI | DSG | Bi-Xenons | Leather | Park Sensors
    Bluefin | KW V2 | Whiteline ALK | Neuspeed TAI | H&R 22mm rear sway bar | DBA 4000 | Hawk HPS | Forge Catch Can | Seat drawers | Parrot CK3000 BT & QuickConnect harness

Daily
    MK7 R (RIP GTI)
    2nd Car
    My feet

Found this after a bit of searching. The webpage relates to Akrapovic exhaust, but given Mk7.5 is the model with the SE upgrade it makes sense it's already across all 7.5
    models.
    Our flaps are on outer pipes. But the uneven carbon deposit now makes sense.
    And it could also explain the noise as the worst of it is low down and if you end up in Race (as I am constantly in manual mode DGS) then there's still one pipe open.

Last edited by funny; 22-03-2020 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Added flap clarification
    Funny
    MY18 MK7.5 R Pure White | Sunroof | Dynaudio | DAP | Cete Automotove Start-Stop Module | SG9663DCPro Camera
    RIP MY07 Reflex Silver GTI | DSG | Bi-Xenons | Leather | Park Sensors
    Bluefin | KW V2 | Whiteline ALK | Neuspeed TAI | H&R 22mm rear sway bar | DBA 4000 | Hawk HPS | Forge Catch Can | Seat drawers | Parrot CK3000 BT & QuickConnect harness

+ Reply to Thread