Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vag com Melbourne!!

Daily
    Mk4 1.6sr golf

Vag com Melbourne!!

Hey new to this forum, I purchased a mk4 1.6sr golf recently, and noticed some bad idle so I cleaned the Trottle body as have done on previous older cars before to be hit by this very annoying issue of my idle hunting at 1400rpm when idling sometimes goes Upto 2000rpm before dropping back to hunt at 1400rpm the only way I can get the car to idle correctly is to let the clutch out in first gear until it just about stalls then it will idle smooth and correct but as soon as I put my foot on the accelerator back to hunting at 1400rpm until the process is repeated again. It's driving me bonkers I've read that only vag com can fix this issue and was wondering if anyone in Melb other than a dealer has vag com that can help me out! Otherwise I'm about ready to sell the car I've replaced everything possible with genuine parts to solve this issue but nothing has helped even the slightest, some advise would be great thanks.

Daily
    Mk4 1.6sr golf

Problem has been solved....replaced throttle body...

Daily
    VW Golf MK4
    Name
    john

hi i have the same problem as you had, can you tell me where you got the throttle body from and how much it costed you? im also in melbourne
    thanks

Daily
    VW Golf MK4
    Name
    john

hi i have the same problem as you had, can you tell me where you got the throttle body from and how much it costed you? im also in melbourne
    thanks

+ Reply to Thread