Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Parso's S3 8V

Daily
    Golf R DSG
    2nd Car
    Audi S3 8V
    Name
    Mark

Had a nice healthy scirocco in today

*Note lambda probe is dead and in some cases lying on the ground after falling out but I only look at the ECU and its own sensor ha ha

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the wife, not the job, not the forum and all their bullshit. For those 11.9 seconds or less, I'm free"
    https://www.facebook.com/RecodeTuning

Daily
    Golf R DSG
    2nd Car
    Audi S3 8V
    Name
    Mark

I should do more of these, oh and not MAFless either

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the wife, not the job, not the forum and all their bullshit. For those 11.9 seconds or less, I'm free"

Daily
    57IFY
    2nd Car
    NA571
    Name
    Ray Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Parso View Post
    So back on to the DSGs ......
    For those that know this has been a very very slow start for me but finally I have some really good programming hardware (more than one FFS) and now some good stuff for the MQB's. I've looked at what some of the companies are offering - even paid to see some examples and I'm sorry to say its not impressive, the disappointing thing for me is that I could have some up with a similar map in less than 15mins if I was forced to and with no knowledge of the new platform TCU's. The best I've seen so far only touches the basics, torque limiters a token shift speed reduction and some thoughtless launch RPM plus they only seem to modify the very right hand column of every gear upshift transition WTF is that - thats what Etuna's would do in the mk6 lol !!!!!.
    The truth is basically the same logic that applied to the older Fxx TCUs in the Mk6R's and 8P S3's applies to the newer TCU which when you think about it, it makes sense. We spent months getting them right and guess what the older big Turbo shiftpoint maps we had are so close it's not funny and again thats no surprise because the turbo on the 8V/Mk7R is a similar size to the smaller Garretts.
    I'd still like to see some of the mainstream ones but after remapping a car with both APR ECU and DSG software this afternoon and seeing the owners issues issues resolved I think we are on a winner........finally. Oh and the car still has APR ECU software - he wanted to change that too but to be honest I'd be lying if I said it was crap and yes I logged it thoroughly.
    On with the show
    Love the honesty with this post! Can't wait to see how this all goes.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Daily
    Golf R DSG
    2nd Car
    Audi S3 8V
    Name
    Mark

Hmmm a crackle map making its way over to me to test, this is one thing I can't do myself just yet. Should go well with the JB1 me thinks

Daily
    Golf R DSG
    2nd Car
    Audi S3 8V
    Name
    Mark

Crackle map loaded 😐 I'm getting too old ha ha ha pops everywhere

Daily
    Golf R DSG
    2nd Car
    Audi S3 8V
    Name
    Mark

Also stop/start disabled in ECU file now too but still under test - no annoying lights on the dash

Daily
    8V S3

Quote Originally Posted by Parso View Post
    Hmmm a crackle map making its way over to me to test, this is one thing I can't do myself just yet. Should go well with the JB1 me thinks
    How does this work?

Is it just adding a crackle over the top (which would be all I would want) rather than a stage 1.5 + crackle type of thing?

and how does it sound?!

Daily
    S3 8V
    2nd Car
    GLA 250

^^

just following this thread now. all the previous photos can't be viewed anymore. Is it just me or?

regardless awesome build thread!

Daily
    Golf R DSG
    2nd Car
    Audi S3 8V
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by faiz_ace View Post
    ^^

just following this thread now. all the previous photos can't be viewed anymore. Is it just me or?

regardless awesome build thread!
    You can thank Dropbox for that, they basically rendered any image hosting useless for most people

Car is about to undergo a bit of an upgrade later this week. I'm already running our 15 Bar DSG file in preparation

+ Reply to Thread