Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Propellerhead92's Mk6 R

Daily
    Cityrail
    2nd Car
    Mk6 R
    Name
    Rens

Quote Originally Posted by MikeRR View Post
    Car's looking good Rens! Quick question, any issues with your wheels rubbing to date?

I've got the exact same wheel/tyre setup as you but in RS05RR which I plan to pair with H&R Sport springs (2cm drop). Some from past threads say it rubs whilst others say it doesn't...how's yours?
    Hey Mike, cheers mate!

I've had no issues with the wheels rubbing at all, on the road or on the track. Having said that, I am at stock height at the moment, and I have no immediate plans to go lower (save for coilovers later on perhaps).

However, during my research, I found plenty of people mentioning no issues with H&R or VWR springs and an 18x8.5 ET45 wheel like you and I have. Most of those people are running 225/40/18 though, rather than the 235/40/18 we're running. Long story short, I don't think I can add much value to your question! Sorry mate, best of luck and let me know how it goes.

Daily
    Cityrail
    2nd Car
    Mk6 R
    Name
    Rens

So time for another little update.

I went ahead and ordered the Sachs performance clutch kit and central slave cylinder. After having them fitted the car felt amazing, and had no issues with putting the power down in any gear.

On June 24 I headed down to Wakefield Park with a bunch of mates for a Trackschool track day. I couldn't be happier with how the car performed. I had no issues at all on the day, and managed to run a 1:13.0, which I am quite happy with for my first track day.

The one small negative is that I found two fairly substantial cracks in my front rotors (left front & right front). I found this quite alarming as I was very careful about warming the brakes up and cooling them down, moving the car every couple of minutes etc. To make things worse, the rotors have only reached the lowest of the three heat levels indicated by the temperature-sensitive paint. After contacting brakes direct they put me in touch with DBA who have been fantastic about everything. They were very concerned about the rotors cracking without reaching the heat limit, and replaced them this morning. They are going to take the cracked rotors to the lab for analysis. I can't speak highly enough of how they've handled everything.

Here is a video of my 5th of 6 sessions on the 24th. I can't wait to get back again. There is obviously a bunch of time to find and plenty of improvement to be made in my driving before I do anything more to the car.

+ Reply to Thread