Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII


+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Propellerhead92's Mk6 R

  1. #21
    Senior Member guile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    brisbane
    Daily
    audi s3
    Name
    little baby jesus
    Posts
    430

    Quote Originally Posted by propellerhead92 View Post
    So I guess it's time for a bit of an update.

    Forza FP3 Pads front & rear
    Motul RBF600 fluid

    I'd love to hear people's recommendations or thoughts on what I've got planned.
    i have these on my car and can't recommend them enough, so much so i've just ordered another set for the front and will change the fluid again at the same time...

    pads look they have loads left but the caliper is getting close to the disc (about 3mm or so) which is really weird and don't want to risk scoring a disc so i'll change them. the pads i have came without a wear indicator but i'm told they were looking at upgrading that (i bought an early set before general release)...

    PS - where did you get the Enkei GTC01RRs please and what specs...

    keep up the good work...

  2. #22
    Senior Member propellerhead92's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Sydney
    Daily
    Cityrail
    2nd Car
    Mk6 R
    Name
    Rens
    Posts
    105

    Quote Originally Posted by guile View Post
    i have these on my car and can't recommend them enough, so much so i've just ordered another set for the front and will change the fluid again at the same time...

    pads look they have loads left but the caliper is getting close to the disc (about 3mm or so) which is really weird and don't want to risk scoring a disc so i'll change them. the pads i have came without a wear indicator but i'm told they were looking at upgrading that (i bought an early set before general release)...

    PS - where did you get the Enkei GTC01RRs please and what specs...

    keep up the good work...
    That is awesome to hear, I am really excited about having the Forza pads fitted. I went with some Brakes Direct superdot 4 fluid this time (boiling point is 282C) to see how it performs on the track before shelling out for the expensive Motul stuff.

    I bought the wheels through Autotechnik Tuning. Have a look on their website or call & ask for Budi, he'll take care of everything you need. The GTC01RRs are 18x8.5 ET45.

    Cheers mate!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #23
    Senior Member guile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    brisbane
    Daily
    audi s3
    Name
    little baby jesus
    Posts
    430

    Not sure what fluid you got from BrakesDirect but they recommended the following and I think it performs well...

    TRW GP600

    I'll check out the wheel website thanks...

  4. #24
    Senior Member propellerhead92's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Sydney
    Daily
    Cityrail
    2nd Car
    Mk6 R
    Name
    Rens
    Posts
    105

    Quote Originally Posted by guile View Post
    Not sure what fluid you got from BrakesDirect but they recommended the following and I think it performs well...

    TRW GP600

    I'll check out the wheel website thanks...
    They recommended some of their own fluid prior to going for the quite-expensive Motul RBF600/660.

    If you need a hand with wheels, give me a buzz.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #25
    Senior Member propellerhead92's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Sydney
    Daily
    Cityrail
    2nd Car
    Mk6 R
    Name
    Rens
    Posts
    105

    I got to give the car a good detail today. Here are some pics I took afterward. I really think the OEM centre caps make the wheels look a lot cleaner, and ties the whole look together.

    An OSIR Telson GT6-S Spoiler is also on the way. I'll be colour matching this to deep black. I think it'll add that bit of aggressiveness that is missing at the moment.

  6. #26
    Senior Member propellerhead92's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Sydney
    Daily
    Cityrail
    2nd Car
    Mk6 R
    Name
    Rens
    Posts
    105

    Time for a quick update!

    Last week I took the car up to Oscar and the boys at Hills Eurohaus to have some parts fitted up. The list was:
    • Brake rotors (DBA T3 4000 fronts & DBA T2 rears)
    • Forza FP3 pads
    • BrakesDirect custom lines and superdot 4 fluid
    • Superpro Lower Control Arms & Anti-lift Kit
    • UniBrace UB
    • Asgard Engineering Downpipe
    I am so much happier with the car now. The lower control arms were critical, steering feel is so much improved it feels like a different car on turn-in. I can't say I've noticed a difference with the UB yet, but I'll be taking the car to the track next month and hopefully I can feel it there. I couldn't be happier with the brakes so far, stopping power is fantastic and pedal feel is much improved. The downpipe has also transformed the car, it just goes like crazy all the way through the rev range.

    The one bad thing is what 2lmilk predicted. After having the downpipe fitted, the clutch is right on the edge of starting to slip in 4th and onwards. After some research I've decided what I want to do is fit a Sachs Performance (SRE?) stage 2 clutch kit while retaining the OEM dual mass flywheel.

    If anyone is able to confirm that this is the correct part I should be looking at, that would be fantastic. It doesn't quite match the Sachs part number Goran had listed on this thread, but the product page does state it matches VW Manufacturer Part Number 06F 141 015 C ***. Seeing as we have a 06F 141 015 CX in the Mk6 R I am pretty sure it's the right kit but wanted to make sure before I pulled the trigger.

    Cheers guys!

    Oh my OSIR spoiler also arrived. Going to have it colour matched and fitted whenever I get some time...

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Daily
    VW Golf MK6R
    Name
    Joe
    Posts
    81

    Quote Originally Posted by propellerhead92 View Post
    Time for a quick update!

    Last week I took the car up to Oscar and the boys at Hills Eurohaus to have some parts fitted up. The list was:
    • Brake rotors (DBA T3 4000 fronts & DBA T2 rears)
    • Forza FP3 pads
    • BrakesDirect custom lines and superdot 4 fluid
    • Superpro Lower Control Arms & Anti-lift Kit
    • UniBrace UB
    • Asgard Engineering Downpipe
    I am so much happier with the car now. The lower control arms were critical, steering feel is so much improved it feels like a different car on turn-in. I can't say I've noticed a difference with the UB yet, but I'll be taking the car to the track next month and hopefully I can feel it there. I couldn't be happier with the brakes so far, stopping power is fantastic and pedal feel is much improved. The downpipe has also transformed the car, it just goes like crazy all the way through the rev range.

    The one bad thing is what 2lmilk predicted. After having the downpipe fitted, the clutch is right on the edge of starting to slip in 4th and onwards. After some research I've decided what I want to do is fit a Sachs Performance (SRE?) stage 2 clutch kit while retaining the OEM dual mass flywheel.

    If anyone is able to confirm that this is the correct part I should be looking at, that would be fantastic. It doesn't quite match the Sachs part number Goran had listed on this thread, but the product page does state it matches VW Manufacturer Part Number 06F 141 015 C ***. Seeing as we have a 06F 141 015 CX in the Mk6 R I am pretty sure it's the right kit but wanted to make sure before I pulled the trigger.

    Cheers guys!

    Oh my OSIR spoiler also arrived. Going to have it colour matched and fitted whenever I get some time...
    In regards to the clutch man i strongly suggest you consider a Southbend stage 3 setup. Im running one on mine and its amazing, great pedal feel (although a little heavy when first installed) and next to no noise inside the cabin (you can only hear it slightly with the radio off).
    Its great bit of kit!!!!

    Brake fluid wise, im running Dot5.1 Motul fluid in my MK6 and although its a bit expensive, if you track the car or like to go on spirited drives, Dot5.1 is the way to go. I had it in my DC2 Integra track car and i did 20-30 full pace laps and the brakes showed no signs of fade after changing to that fluid. Just some food for thought for when your up for BF change next time

  8. #28
    Member 2lmilk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Daily
    VW GOLF GTI MK6
    2nd Car
    hyundai santa fe
    Name
    Matt Ridley
    Posts
    97

    I suggest looking into an Xteme clutch. RRP is only $1800 mark and thats shipped to the nearest autopro store near you aswell. No USD to AUD to worry about or import tax etc etc. Supporting a local Aussie buisness aswell.

    Also does not use the junk exedy centres

    I just put one into my mk6 GTI stage 2 and it holds the power no issue. This replaces the DMFW with a SMFW with a new pressure plate and clutch disc. Yes its a little louder and you do get slight shudder on take off, but the performance of that out weights the negatives. Once you get moving, hold on to the wheel as it will rip out of ya hands

    Also put in while i did the clutch a Quaife LSD and KW V3 and lower control arms.

    Totally transforms the car, did some spirited hills runs and it performed perfectly. Prob wind the stiffness on the coils a bit more (only half way atm(

    Ill be doing a proper track day in june. Will upload video then
    2010 MK6 Golf GTI // Stage 2 Recode Tune // Ramp Custom Dump Pipe // APR carbon Intake // GFB DV+ // VWR 352MM Brake kit with Project Mu Pads // KW V3
    Arc Audio Black 10 // Mosconi 200.2 // Mosconi 100.4 // AD MM speakers // Alpine IVAW957 // Mosconi 6to8 Aerospace

  9. #29
    Senior Member propellerhead92's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Sydney
    Daily
    Cityrail
    2nd Car
    Mk6 R
    Name
    Rens
    Posts
    105

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanicAU View Post
    In regards to the clutch man i strongly suggest you consider a Southbend stage 3 setup. Im running one on mine and its amazing, great pedal feel (although a little heavy when first installed) and next to no noise inside the cabin (you can only hear it slightly with the radio off).
    Its great bit of kit!!!!

    Brake fluid wise, im running Dot5.1 Motul fluid in my MK6 and although its a bit expensive, if you track the car or like to go on spirited drives, Dot5.1 is the way to go. I had it in my DC2 Integra track car and i did 20-30 full pace laps and the brakes showed no signs of fade after changing to that fluid. Just some food for thought for when your up for BF change next time
    Thanks for the recommendation man! I went with the Sachs clutch plate and pressure plate just because I wanted to keep the OEM dual mass flywheel. I decided I wanted to keep things as OEM as possible with no noise/rattle etc. The Sachs performance clutch kit is also rated to 550Nm so it should be plenty to cover the current torque the car is making.

    I'm definitely on the same page fluid-wise. I was going to buy Motul RBF600/660 but on the recommendation of the BrakesDirect guys, I tried their superdot4 fluid, which has the same boiling point as regular Dot5.1 fluid. We'll see how that goes at the next track day but Motul RBF600/660 is definitely on the shopping list. Cheers man.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2lmilk View Post
    I suggest looking into an Xteme clutch. RRP is only $1800 mark and thats shipped to the nearest autopro store near you aswell. No USD to AUD to worry about or import tax etc etc. Supporting a local Aussie buisness aswell.

    Also does not use the junk exedy centres

    I just put one into my mk6 GTI stage 2 and it holds the power no issue. This replaces the DMFW with a SMFW with a new pressure plate and clutch disc. Yes its a little louder and you do get slight shudder on take off, but the performance of that out weights the negatives. Once you get moving, hold on to the wheel as it will rip out of ya hands

    Also put in while i did the clutch a Quaife LSD and KW V3 and lower control arms.

    Totally transforms the car, did some spirited hills runs and it performed perfectly. Prob wind the stiffness on the coils a bit more (only half way atm(

    Ill be doing a proper track day in june. Will upload video then
    Hey mate thanks for the recommendation. I ended up going with the Sachs performance clutch kit as I mentioned. The kit (including shipping from Germany) is a fair bit cheaper than the Xtreme kit, a large part of which i'm sure is because I'm retaining the OEM DMF. I wanted to stick as close as I could to OEM feel and retain the refined characteristics of the car which is why I went with the Sachs.

    Definitely let me know how your car goes at the track, sounds fantastic!

  10. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Sydney
    Daily
    MK6 Golf R
    Name
    Mike
    Posts
    3

    Car's looking good Rens! Quick question, any issues with your wheels rubbing to date?

    I've got the exact same wheel/tyre setup as you but in RS05RR which I plan to pair with H&R Sport springs (2cm drop). Some from past threads say it rubs whilst others say it doesn't...how's yours?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts