Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So, who's looked at or done tuning mods on their 1.4TSI?

Daily
    VW Golf
    2nd Car
    Jeep
    Name
    Jason

Interesting thread. In many cities folks will choose the DSG for the apparent suitability in traffic. In that application it is hard to avoid lots of stops and starts. My 92tsi needed new clutch packs after 13000km of mixed driving city and freeway. Not too much traffic jam driving but certainly some.

I was considering a tune at the start but nothing available. So glad I didn't as the warranty outcome may have been different.

Traded it on the R straight after.

I will not buy another dry clutch DSG and sure wouldn't up power and torque if I did.

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by Carrot01 View Post
    yes I realize that, so you are saying the heat transfers thru the slipping clutches, GB housing/shafts etc to the oil bath for the gears - seems strange but anyway I'm good :-)
    cheers
    The heat must transfer i guess. One of the recalls VW has done on the 7 speed DSG was to replace the oil - so its a known issue and no doubt the recall is merely a bandaid fix.

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by LibraR View Post
    Interesting thread. In many cities folks will choose the DSG for the apparent suitability in traffic. In that application it is hard to avoid lots of stops and starts. My 92tsi needed new clutch packs after 13000km of mixed driving city and freeway. Not too much traffic jam driving but certainly some.

I was considering a tune at the start but nothing available. So glad I didn't as the warranty outcome may have been different.

I will not buy another dry clutch DSG and sure wouldn't up power and torque if I did.
    Wow only 13,000kms is low. My brothers girlfriend just had the DSG clutches done in her 2012 Skoda Fabia at 38,000km.

Daily
    VW Golf
    2nd Car
    Jeep
    Name
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Wow only 13,000kms is low. My brothers girlfriend just had the DSG clutches done in her 2012 Skoda Fabia at 38,000km.
    Yep. And VW didn't blink an eyelid at replacing them. Even had spare parts in stock.... it all sounded like it was familiar to them as an issue.

They should fit the wet clutch DSG in them and sort the issue once and for all. Then power ups would be feasible.

They area pretty good overall package but for that weak point

Daily
    Kawasaki ZX6R
    Name
    Sax

Quote Originally Posted by LibraR View Post

Was the clutch replaced under warranty?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Daily
    bus/737b
    2nd Car
    MK7 Golf R
    Name
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    The heat must transfer i guess. One of the recalls VW has done on the 7 speed DSG was to replace the oil - so its a known issue and no doubt the recall is merely a bandaid fix.
    i thought the oil change was due to its adverse effect on the dsg mechatronics (false neutrals etc), but anyway I will admit I dont know much about it
    2016 MK7 R LGM DSG

Daily
    VW Golf
    2nd Car
    Jeep
    Name
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by R-Line View Post
    Was the clutch replaced under warranty?
    Yes warranty covered it. Probably would not have if it was modded to increase power and torque

Daily
    Kawasaki ZX6R
    Name
    Sax

Here is my mod

https://youtu.be/OhcIkcL05Is

Daily
    MkVII .:R-line wagon
    2nd Car
    Nissan Stagea C34s1
    Name
    Nick

Thanks for that, R-Line, that sounds great! I'm thinking of starting off with exhaust mods, and now that I know the pops and mild crackles come through, that's another reason to do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daily
    Mk7 Golf 90TSI DSG
    Name
    Mike Jurisic

To answer the OP, I did.

+ Reply to Thread