Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mirrorlink problems

Daily
    Volkswagen Golf R
    2nd Car
    BMW 330c
    Name
    Marvin Pierce

Mirrorlink problems

I own a 2016 Golf R with the MIB II Infotainment system (using SW version 0624).
    Android Auto works fine connecting to a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge running Android v6.01 (Marshmallow).

Problem:
    I want to try Mirrorlink but have some issues.
    01) I set the app connect screen to use Mirrorlink.
    02) Reset my phone and disable Android Auto.
    03) On S6, I go to more connection settings and use "Connect to vehicle via USB" once I plug in the cable.
    04) Head unit searches for device but I have to manually select it.
    05) Mirrorlink will launch but, I cannot see the phone's home screen. Mirrorlink launches the certified Rock Scout app and I can sometimes see a flash of the phone's home screen but it will never go to it. Rock Scout shows several options to control music, podcasts, audio books, e.g., Audible, Spotify, Google Music & NPR One, etc.

The problem is I cannot access phone home screen to on Infotainment screen to launch other apps such as Google Maps, etc.

Am I doing something incorrect here with the setup or software on phone?
    Appreciate any help.

Daily
    Golf R mk7
    Name
    Andrew

Hi,

Its unfortunate but there is so little support for Android Auto and mirrorlink. Probably partly due to the wide and various versions of android out there. From what i've been reading, Getting it going is hit and miss and even then it needs to be a particular sequence etc.

Personally I decided to use my iphone and applyplay works pretty well..

Good luck in your search

I did get mirrorlink working at one point on my S6 using the Samsungs crappy car app that you are forced to use (I'm certain its Samsung that prevents you from loading any other app for mirrorlink connection.). The performance was terrible. For example the GPS would be around 5 to 7fps. Switching between screens would also take time to load.

I wasn't able to figure out why it was performing so badly so I just gave up deleted SamsungCar and stuck with AndriodAuto.
    AndriodAuto was much smoother but just limited features (can't watch/listen to video's)

Daily
    Volkswagen Golf R
    2nd Car
    BMW 330c
    Name
    Marvin Pierce

Quote Originally Posted by ultramoo View Post
    I did get mirrorlink working at one point on my S6 using the Samsungs crappy car app that you are forced to use (I'm certain its Samsung that prevents you from loading any other app for mirrorlink connection.). The performance was terrible. For example the GPS would be around 5 to 7fps. Switching between screens would also take time to load.

I wasn't able to figure out why it was performing so badly so I just gave up deleted SamsungCar and stuck with AndriodAuto.
    AndriodAuto was much smoother but just limited features (can't watch/listen to video's)
    Read my posts as I describe in detail how to make it work on an S6 and which car mode apk to use.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

But how's the performance ?

Daily
    Volkswagen Golf R
    2nd Car
    BMW 330c
    Name
    Marvin Pierce

I described that in the posts.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread