Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: APR Carbonio FSI - review | purely cosmetic/noise?

Daily
    08 GTi

APR Carbonio FSI - review | purely cosmetic/noise?

Hey guys,

Been searching a bit and came across a cheap APR Carbonio to suit FSI cars.

I previously had a TwinTake and that was way to loud for my liking. Now this APR Carbonio has popped up and was wondering if those who've have this (and most likely on-sold it) could give a quick review?

Not really after any gains as Stage 2 is enough for me. Would like something a little more audible, but not to the point where I can hear every single note of my turbo. I just want something that enhances the sound ever so slightly.

Does this intake fit the bill? Will prob swap out for a free flowing K&N or Pipercross filter too!

Daily
    Mk6 Golf R

I don't know of this is too late for you, but I can give a quick review. The noise isn't significantly louder than stock. The most notable difference is the diverter valve is slightly louder. Not loud enough so you'd hear it outside the car, but inside there's more of a chatter. There is a noise increase but it is limited.

While I'm at it, I'd also dispute that the Carbonio doesn't increase performance. I (and also others on the net) have logged MAF and there is a measureable increase in airflow just from adding the Carbonio even without the filter. All up with the Carbonio, Pipercross filter and about an hours worth of modifying the airbox and turbo inlet pipe my MAF has increased from 252g/s to 273 g/s with perfect LTFT of between 1.3-2.7% compared to my full intake which was loud, defectable and dropped MAF from 252 to 233g/s with haywire LTFT around 7-12%

Michael.
    2012 Golf R - 6 Speed Manual, ACC, 19" Talledegas, Dynaudio, Sat Nav, Reversing Camera, Sunroof
    Mods - Recode Tune, Ultimate Racing Resonated DP, 145bar FPV, Carbonio, Modified Airbox
    KW DDC Plug & Play, Whiteline ALK, Spulen Short Shift, De-restricted Clutch Bleeder

Daily
    Golf R32
    2nd Car
    BMW X5
    Name
    Jason.

Concur, looked really nice, but don't think it added any performance.
    RB MKVI Golf R APR Stage 2+ | DSG | 19" VMR 710's | Sat Nav | Vienna Leather | RVC | ACC | SOLD
    UG MKV R32 | DSG | Vogtland Coilovers | Polar FIS Kessy Ed. |

Daily
    08 GTi

Interesting. What were the mods to the stock airbox/inlet pipe?

I've found a 2nd hand Carbonio and found it wasn't as audible as I'd like. Now i've got a VWR intake and its pretty quiet when cruising. Under boost its perfect.

+ Reply to Thread