Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spam

Daily
    Cityrail
    2nd Car
    Mk6 R
    Name
    Rens

Spam

There is a really high amount of unchecked spam in this forum at the moment.

Can we ban these guys please?

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Lucas

As an admin - sometimes its clear that the user/thread is spam. These are generally deleted by either myself or another admin within a few hours.

But sometimes, the spammers reply within an existing thread which means it can be easily missed, or other times they have content which although somewhat weird, also somehow seems like it could be legit.

Unfortunately there is no way to stop it completely, we just need to manage it as best we can when we see it.

Daily
    Golf R DSG
    2nd Car
    Audi S3 8V
    Name
    Mark

But isn't that how the 3L machine works in order to make sales ?

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the wife, not the job, not the forum and all their bullshit. For those 11.9 seconds or less, I'm free"
    https://www.facebook.com/RecodeTuning

Daily
    MkVI R
    2nd Car
    MY17 Polo
    Name
    Jon

I've been IP Banning these clowns, but they keep coming back on separate IP's. We're doing our best to stop them. If you see spam, report it and we'll blast them.

Daily
    Golf R DSG
    2nd Car
    Audi S3 8V
    Name
    Mark

Are all the IPs in a similar range ? . We used to basically block anything out of China or Russia and most problems were solved. I'm talking mail though. Reasonably effective too but I'm guessing the whole spam thing has moved with the times and it's pretty distributed.

Daily
    MkVI R
    2nd Car
    MY17 Polo
    Name
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Parso View Post
    Are all the IPs in a similar range ? . We used to basically block anything out of China or Russia and most problems were solved. I'm talking mail though. Reasonably effective too but I'm guessing the whole spam thing has moved with the times and it's pretty distributed.
    The ones I've clobbered have varied. It's not just IP Recycling like Australia has it seems. Some have been wildly different. I've seen them hit a few forums as well. I think we have a CAPTCHA code so I'm not sure how they're bypassing that.

Daily
    Cityrail
    2nd Car
    Mk6 R
    Name
    Rens

Cheers for all the efforts guys! I do appreciate it. I'll report them whenever I see them

+ Reply to Thread