Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Golf Sport 2007 Engine Doesn't Turn On

Name
    Iran

Golf Sport 2007 Engine Doesn't Turn On

Hi folks,

I'm trying to help a friend, who has a Golf Sport 2007.

He told me that he drove all day normally. Next day, he couldn't turn on the engine.

We noticed that the battery was flat. We swaped the batteries and nothing happend.

We checked all fuses (inside fuse box and engine bay fuse box). I checked the wire fuse on the 5 wires that come up near to the engine bay fuse box, all fine.

I did a scan with VCDS and a plenty of faults came up, all apparently related to the flat battery.

The only relevant message was that there was no communication with the Auto Transmission Unit.

Any tips? Should I check if the unit is been supplied with 12VC? Or I have missed any step after replace the battery?

Thank you all in advance.

Daily
    white whip no5
    Name
    vincent

does it crank at all?

cw mkv gtis2

Name
    Iran

Quote Originally Posted by vinnY View Post
    does it crank at all?
    Hi Vinny, sorry for my delay.

Yes, it didn't crank at all. I suspected that it could be the starter, but we found the problem. My friend was testing the fuses and probably misplace one of them (number 5 in the engine fuse box was missing). It protects the Mechatronic control unit. Once he put it in the right place, solved the problem. The engine started easily.

Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread