Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ESP, low tyre pressure MK5 GTI

Daily
    09 mk5 gti

ESP, low tyre pressure MK5 GTI

So last night driving home from work my ESP and low tyre pressure light came on, solid, stayed on for about a minute then the abs light flashed with a beep or 2. Pulled over turned the ignition off and started again, about 5km down the road it did it again but this time the steering wheel warning flashed on, low pressure and esp stayed on until i got home.

Today driving to work same thing yet when it happened my fuel range indicator went from 300km range to 80km and stayed at 80 for the drive to work, warning lights went off though.

I know the simple answer is to run diagnostics but i thought maybe you guys could give a little advice, hoping its not the abs module that ive heard stories about but any ideas ?

Daily
    Polo GTI
    2nd Car
    S3
    Name
    Gavin

Honestly, dont think about it until it's been scanned.

If the ESP light flicked up, a good chance there's something MAF related. Which would adversely affect the DTE as it would run default values. That's just me thinking out loud though.

Gavin

Daily
    09 mk5 gti

Mass air flow right? DTE i wont lie i have no idea what that is haha.
    I cant get the car looked at for a few days, would it be unwise to continue driving it?

Daily
    09 mk5 gti

It's a long time after but it turned out to be the ABS pump and module, local euro mechanic could not resolve the issue and the VW dealer ended up setting me back over 3.5k, i noticed that a recall was placed on the ABS unit in march 2017, any ideas how i would go recouping any of my losses ?

https://www.productsafety.gov.au/rec...addy-my09-my10

Quote Originally Posted by bwl526 View Post
    It's a long time after but it turned out to be the ABS pump and module, local euro mechanic could not resolve the issue and the VW dealer ended up setting me back over 3.5k, i noticed that a recall was placed on the ABS unit in march 2017, any ideas how i would go recouping any of my losses ?

https://www.productsafety.gov.au/rec...addy-my09-my10
    I would ask the dealership nicely to begin with. Should you have any issues then I would go to VW head office. I think your claim should be relatively straightforward nothing in it for them to deny it.

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread