Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RNS150

Daily
    GTD
    2nd Car
    Comfortline
    Name
    Peter

RNS150

Hi Guys,

First time poster so please excuse me if I am violated any rules.
    I just recently bought a mk6 golf and the entertainment system does not have sat nav and blue tooth.
    There are some websites (including ebay) that sell RNS510 with sat nav.
    So my question is, are there any places (particular in melbourne) that I can personally go and buy this product (besides VW)? Or is there a website that you would recommend buying it from?

Also, has there been any improvements with the RNS510? From what I remembered, it wasn't well integrated and missed a lot of features (like voice commands etc. etc.).

Any help would be grateful!

Edit: RNS510 not 150
    Last edited by Peter100; 11-02-2017 at 10:08 PM.

Name
    Mohammad

I have the RNS510, to be completely honest I'm looking at upgrading from it. Laggy response and feels mediocre. It's ~7 years old so you're probably better off looking at the newer android head units, like Eonon. Waiting on a review from a friend, if it's decent I'll get it. Cheaper too

Daily
    GTD
    2nd Car
    Comfortline
    Name
    Peter

I know it's quite an old model but, is that because of firmware or is it just that mediocre of a system? I had a look at Eonon and wondering if it works with iPhones and steering controls?...

Daily
    2009 R36
    2nd Car
    Octavia vRS TDI
    Name
    Julian

The rns is a great unit in terms of its vehicle integration eg MFD
    But it's getting on now given its was designed a decade ago.

The Discover Media unit from the Jetta/Caddy/Beetle is the same as the mk7 golf in a different form factor and to me is the best premium upgrade.

For a budget upgrade the RCD330g is the best bet as it has factory look with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay but no Nav

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|RNS|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|Full colour MFD|Quad LED tail rings| Climatronics upgrade| Dynaudio |R FB Steering Wheel|Adaptive Cruise Control|TPMS Direct

+ Reply to Thread