Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MK64HH - The BT build!

Daily
    VW Golf MK6R
    Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Golfr84 View Post
    Nice setup Mechanic. I am going down the same path with the Gen2 GTX3076R turbo woth 0.61 a/r ratio and Nortech tubular manifold. Waiting for the manifold to arrive.

What tune will you be going with?
    I'm going to be running a full custom tune by Recode tuning.

Update: Got onto my parts supplier and after having waited a little to long for my fuel system parts and after a bit of digging around they realised that my parcel when to the complete wrong adress but thankfully it was to one of their regular customers so the order has been reprocessed and I should see it either tomorrow or Friday!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Daily
    MK6 Golf R
    Name
    Ilker

Cool.
    I spoke with Mark couple weeks ago and he was saying he wasnt going to be working on big turbo tunes for the time being when i started buying my parts. He must have changed his mind.

Who are you getting to rebuild your motor by the way. Im eager to find a good workshop as its quite difficult finding people who you can trust to do a good job

Daily
    VW Golf MK6R
    Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Golfr84 View Post
    Cool.
    I spoke with Mark couple weeks ago and he was saying he wasnt going to be working on big turbo tunes for the time being when i started buying my parts. He must have changed his mind.

Who are you getting to rebuild your motor by the way. Im eager to find a good workshop as its quite difficult finding people who you can trust to do a good job
    I've been in talks with Mark for months about this build and unfortunately he is giving up doing the BT tunes although my car is the last car he will be doing

I'm a mechanic by trade, I run a workshop in Croydon park with my old man so I'll be doing all the work myself. If you like I'd be more than happy to help you out

Update: TTRS fuel pump, PM3 pump controller and 165 Bar rail valve arrived today!!!

Daily
    57IFY
    2nd Car
    NA571
    Name
    Ray Ray

Running pump or going to E85?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Daily
    audi s3
    Name
    little baby jesus

Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanicAU View Post
    Update: TTRS fuel pump, PM3 pump controller and 165 Bar rail valve arrived today!!!
    i hope the PM3 proves to be a good bit of kit mate, i have been in touch with TorqueByte? about purchasing one myself. i asked about a group buy and they said if i can get at least 3 buyers they will knock 10% off...

i'm going to put a new thread up on the forum to see if anyone is interested, would you mind if i link your post so people can see it for themselves please...

good luck with this, i'll be watching closely and hope you get good results...

Daily
    VW Golf MK6R
    Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by guile View Post
    i hope the PM3 proves to be a good bit of kit mate, i have been in touch with TorqueByte? about purchasing one myself. i asked about a group buy and they said if i can get at least 3 buyers they will knock 10% off...

i'm going to put a new thread up on the forum to see if anyone is interested, would you mind if i link your post so people can see it for themselves please...

good luck with this, i'll be watching closely and hope you get good results...
    Yeah go for it man, The PM3 controller is a common parts when used with the TTRS pump and ive heard nothing but good things about it!!

Daily
    VW Golf MK6R
    Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by rayb3na_ View Post
    Running pump or going to E85?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
    This is essentially the first of 3 parts to what i plan to do to this car so yeah this first version will be on 98 octane with twin injector WMI. The second part will be an aftermarket intake manifold with secondary fuel injectors, e-flex sensor and haltech ecu to control the fueling for e85 and possibly quad injector WMI (manifold has provsion to run 1 injector per intake runner)

Daily
    audi s3
    Name
    little baby jesus

Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanicAU View Post
    Yeah go for it man, The PM3 controller is a common parts when used with the TTRS pump and ive heard nothing but good things about it!!
    thanks mate, i'll post up a new thread this arvo...

i like the way the PM3 doesn't change your door opening prime and auto pump shut off like the RS4 controller that iv'e tried previously...

Daily
    VW Golf MK6R
    Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by guile View Post
    thanks mate, i'll post up a new thread this arvo...

i like the way the PM3 doesn't change your door opening prime and auto pump shut off like the RS4 controller that iv'e tried previously...
    sweet!

yeah I don't see why other controllers do that, it makes no sense! Just think of the PM3 controllers as a converter. If you don't use the controller that factory unit won't supply enough current to take full advantage of the bigger pump and thus overheat due to trying to keep up with the flow demands of the new engine and pump. For the money you pay it's a very very worthwhile bit of kit

Daily
    Cityrail
    2nd Car
    Mk6 R
    Name
    Rens

This is a seriously awesome build plan. I'll be following along for sure.

+ Reply to Thread