Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Improving the handling for Mk7 R/Gti

Daily
    MY12 Golf R
    2nd Car
    8V S3
    Name
    Ben

Improving the handling for Mk7 R/Gti

Tarmac Engineering is proudly the distributor for these amazing suspension components from our friends at Emmanuele Design.

Lowering Sports Springs
    First lets start with lowering your Mk7 Gti/R with springs. These springs haven't just been rushed to production, they have been well thought out and are made to work with magride equipped vehicles. Just about all other manufacturers went with a progressive rate spring because that worked well on previous models but on the MQB platform it didn't, the ride is bumpy, harsh and uncomfortable. It for that exact reason we have someone switching to these springs on a weekly basis.

Full details can be found here - https://tarmacengineering.com.au/onl...ing-spring-kit

Rear Sway bars
    The Gti and R isn't bad from the factory but it certainly has a lot of understeer under heavy cornering and a little bit too much body roll for us driving enthusiasts. These rear sway bars are specifically made to work with the front bars so there is no need to change the front. If you were to change the front the car is most likely to end up with the same issues as factory.

These rear sway bar reduce body roll massively, i couldn't believe how much better it was especially in the rear. Understeer under heavy cornering is almost non existent. I highly recommend this rear bar if you're going to go around corners fast.

Full details for Mk7 R are here: https://tarmacengineering.com.au/onl...ay-bar-upgrade

Full details for Mk7 Gti are here: https://tarmacengineering.com.au/onl...ay-bar-upgrade

Front and Rear Sway Bar end links

For those people who may already have another set of sway bars or really want to bullet proof there setup these end links are for you

Full details for front links can be found here: https://tarmacengineering.com.au/onl...-bar-end-links

Full details for rear links can be found here: https://tarmacengineering.com.au/onl...-bar-end-links

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected]

All items are shipped Australia wide for FREE

Daily
    2016 LSG MK7 R

Hmm.. May have to invest in a rear sway bar for my MK7 R stg1 soon to be stg2. Sometimes it can get tail happy when going fast around the corner with traction off - sway bar could fix that and ground the car more solidly...

Daily
    Mk7 R

Anthony, the opposite. Going bigger than stock sway bar will liven rear end up more. If you're finding it tail happy or obersteering now it will make it worse.

I don't drive car on track so can't comment going flat out but on street I've noticed that changing rear sway bar has livened rear up, basically removed understeer like in Tarmac post. I think it's a very worthwhile handling mod to start with.

Daily
    2016 LSG MK7 R

Quote Originally Posted by mp2811 View Post
    Anthony, the opposite. Going bigger than stock sway bar will liven rear end up more. If you're finding it tail happy or obersteering now it will make it worse.

I don't drive car on track so can't comment going flat out but on street I've noticed that changing rear sway bar has livened rear up, basically removed understeer like in Tarmac post. I think it's a very worthwhile handling mod to start with.
    Cheers for the advice mp, I see you around on the forums quite a bit, always reading ur comments and stuff thanks

Daily
    MK7 R

Is any1 running these springs and have any feedback?

Daily
    Mk7 R
    Name
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Kevvievu View Post
    Is any1 running these springs and have any feedback?
    Yep, I am!

The drop is on point. Exactly the way I want it and believe how it should have came out from factory stock. Overall the drive feels great especially when driving hard around corners where there is less body roll going on.

However - being springs, the ride will be more stiffer than OEM stock standard. I would say;

Race mode - suspension a notch stiffer and able to feel bumps on the ground
    Normal mode - felt like Race mode on OEM springs
    Comfort mode - felt like Normal mode on OEM springs with the wobble comfort mode has.

By the way, I am also running Spulen spacer kit front and rear.

If you want to see pictures of the drop, you can check my instagram: dan_7r

Daily
    MK7 R

Legend! I'll check out your instagram.

Thanks for the feedback.

Daily
    MY12 Golf R
    2nd Car
    8V S3
    Name
    Ben

Price drop on the sway bars. These really transform the car together with the springs. Night and day difference

+ Reply to Thread