Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reverse camera option on Golf R

Reverse camera option on Golf R

Hi everyone

As I'm on the look out for a Mk6 R, one nice to have option I would like is a reverse camera.

I haven't seen many fully optioned examples that are currently for sale, so I was thinking if it's perhaps worth buying the OEM part and having it installed by a VW pro.

Should I...

A. Go to all that effort to source the part and install?
    B. Just wait for an example that has it factory optioned?
    C. Keep driving without a reverse camera?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Lucas

Bit of a pain in the butt to retrofit - id say buy a car with it already fitted. The single reverse light on the Mk6 R is basically useless so having a reverse camera certainly makes it easier to see - especially so at night.

Daily
    Mk6 R

Do you need to code in VCDS when installing an after market RVC in a 2011 MK6 Golf R?

I've got an Aerpro rear license plate light style camera installed but I've only ever had a blue screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Bit of a pain in the butt to retrofit - id say buy a car with it already fitted. The single reverse light on the Mk6 R is basically useless so having a reverse camera certainly makes it easier to see - especially so at night.
    Thanks mate 👍🏻

Appreciate your advice 😊

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daily
    MkVII .:R-line wagon
    2nd Car
    Nissan Stagea C34s1
    Name
    Nick

Are you aiming to retrofit a Mk7 system into your Mk6 R?

TBH, it's probably better to buy an aftermarket kit from Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood or similar with their retrofit panelling and have that installed. There'd be less worries about making everything work (because those manufacturers would have solved those issues) and you'd probably have more features available to you as well (stuff like Android Auto/Apple CarPlay, navigation, etc.).

Alpine stuff: https://www.alpine.com.au/product-ca...wagen/golf-vi/

Daily
    Golf VI GTI Ed 35

Where are you based? I had the oem unit retrofitted to my mk6 gti by auto fidelity in Moorabbin melbourne (see my car here https://youtu.be/Wh5xcVlz8LA)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daily
    Golf VI GTI Ed 35

You can also buy them at jku.com.au if you are game enough to install yourself. Think you might need the sat Nav rns510 for it to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Lucas

Reverse camera option on Golf R

It will work with the base model stereo RCD510 as long as it has the correct port connection on the back. My Golf GTI has the base RCD510 with factory fitted RVC.

Daily
    Mk6 R

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    It will work with the base model stereo RCD510 as long as it has the correct port connection on the back. My Golf GTI has the base RCD510 with factory fitted RVC.
    Thanks Lucas. I've got a RCD510 which has the RVC connection and it was cables up but I just get a blue screen. Apparently the cabling is fine. I'll replace the camera and see what happens.

Daily
    Mk6 R

So in the end I purchased and installed a RCD330 unit with CarPlay and I was able to plug my after market camera in and it now works.

+ Reply to Thread