Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reverse camera option on Golf R

Daily
    Golf MKVI 118TSI
    Name
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by PD13 View Post
    So in the end I purchased and installed a RCD330 unit with CarPlay and I was able to plug my after market camera in and it now works.
    PD13 what after market camera did you go with? I have the RCD330 and am looking for a camera ATM

Dan

Daily
    Ford Fiesta ST
    2nd Car
    Golf R
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cheekyage View Post
    Hi everyone

As I'm on the look out for a Mk6 R, one nice to have option I would like is a reverse camera.

I haven't seen many fully optioned examples that are currently for sale, so I was thinking if it's perhaps worth buying the OEM part and having it installed by a VW pro.

Should I...

A. Go to all that effort to source the part and install?
    B. Just wait for an example that has it factory optioned?
    C. Keep driving without a reverse camera?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Attached in my own DIY I did for my MK 6 "R". the installation is much easier now as its all one kit.

http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread....-quot-R-quot-.

Chris
    The NewCar: MY18 Blue Golf R 7.5, 6 speed Manual, 5 Door, Driver assistance package, Sun Roof.
    Completed mods; ObDEleven, Short Shifter; Turbo muffler delete ; Black front VW Emblem, Carbon Fibre wrap, MQB Dog bone insert, GFB DVX diverter valve, Sub Whoofer

Daily
    Mk6 R

Quote Originally Posted by syd_fsi View Post
    PD13 what after market camera did you go with? I have the RCD330 and am looking for a camera ATM

Dan
    My car already had an Aerpro RVC installed. They fit in the lights above the rear plate. It probably points a bit low but it does the job.

+ Reply to Thread