Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: golf mkv jerking while driving along

Daily
    Golf MKV 2.0L FSI
    Name
    Oliver Scanlon

golf mkv jerking while driving along

I own a golf mkv 2.0LFSI non turbo manual,

i have been having this problem for a few months now while where i am driving at no certain noticeable frequency the car drops revs while in gear and like jerks to a slow down then i cant accelerate for a few seconds or anthing then it just kiccks back in and runs as usual if im going smoothly allong the freewat it doesnt jerk just slows a little and kicks back up but if im in lower gear accelerating as soon as i go above 3000rpm it will really jerk and it is real annoying! the worst part is there seems to be no error code
    recent history: had an engine change because of timing belt failure about 6 months ago
    had the ecu changed and fuel filter as to error code and belief that this was the cause of the problem but this seems to be still happening
    if anyone has any suggestions or can help i would appreciate it as this doesnt seem like the greatest thing for my golf to be doing
    also i will be changing my coil packs soon to see if it is because of those as i heard there was a faulty batch

Regards,
    Oli Scanlon

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Lucas

golf mkv jerking while driving along

They would have transferred your coil packs and some other items over from your old engine when it was replaced and those coil packs are pretty old (and known to fail on these engines causing similar symptoms). For around $160 id be grabbing a new set from BMR Autowerks and installing them to see if that fixes the issue.

Daily
    Golf MKV 2.0L FSI
    Name
    Oliver Scanlon

thanks lucas,
    ill try out the BMR ones thanks for the recommendation as i have been looking for some but didn't really know what to go for. i will also post up if it fixes the problem or not

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by scanlon94 View Post
    thanks lucas,
    ill try out the BMR ones thanks for the recommendation as i have been looking for some but didn't really know what to go for. i will also post up if it fixes the problem or not
    Just double check your current ignition coils are the same shape as these ones - im almost certain the non turbo 2.0L uses the same coils as the GTI and R in which case these will fit.

http://www.bmraw.com/r8-coil-pack-oe-genuine-4-pack/

Daily
    Golf MKV 2.0L FSI
    Name
    Oliver Scanlon

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Just double check your current ignition coils are the same shape as these ones - im almost certain the non turbo 2.0L uses the same coils as the GTI and R in which case these will fit.

http://www.bmraw.com/r8-coil-pack-oe-genuine-4-pack/
    Yeah man looks the exact same on the engine and on the inside from when I've pulled them out prior I emailed them just to make sure it's fine with non turbo

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Lucas

See how you go. Otherwise, i think (ill have to double check) that i still have the original ignition coils off my Mk6 GTI that i no longer need. If i still have them (and if you want them) just pay for the postage cost and ill send them off to you.

Daily
    Golf MKV 2.0L FSI
    Name
    Oliver Scanlon

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    See how you go. Otherwise, i think (ill have to double check) that i still have the original ignition coils off my Mk6 GTI that i no longer need. If i still have them (and if you want them) just pay for the postage cost and ill send them off to you.
    Hey man called them they said it seems they only work with the turbo models not sure if they were 100% but I'll take their word for real yeah where about are you located?

Daily
    Golf MKV 2.0L FSI
    Name
    Oliver Scanlon

hey lucas,
    i looked into it a bit more and on urotuning and ecs tuning it says it will fit the mkv rabbit which idealy is a N/A as well
    only difference is its a 2.5L but i don't really see how that would affect the coil packs.

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Lucas

Im almost certain they will fit. I'll have a look in the morning to see if i still have my old ones - ill let you know. Otherwise, make sure BMR have a return policy incase they are incorrect and buy from them.

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Lucas

Looky looky what i found. If you want them, shoot me a PM and all i want is for you to cover postage which will be about $12 and i can post them off today.

These were from my 2011 Golf R and were only on the car for about 13,000km so they are pretty new. I was just keeping them as spares.

+ Reply to Thread