Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gti rear rotors - problem

Daily
    Mk5 GTI
    Name
    Brad

Gti rear rotors - problem

Hey all, changing rear discs and pads and need to remove the calliper carrier with the m14 spline drive. Except there is absolutely no clearance. The diy's I've seen say that clearance is tight (one picture even showed the spline drive longer than mine), but I can't fit any socket / extension / universal joint on there at all. It's a kincrome spline drive and the only one I could find, I'm guessing I need a shorter one?

Pics in link. Gti https://imgur.com/gallery/fT36Y

Cheers! Brad

Daily
    MY11 Golf GTI 3dr
    Name
    Carl

Can you take the m14 spline out of the socket? If so you can try just using the m14 and using a ratcheting spanner.
    MK6 Golf GTI Red 3 Door Manual
    GFB DV+, BFI Schwarz Shift Knob, Gloss VW emblems, Stock exhaust res delete, R8 coils, DBA T3 Front Rotors, CTS Turbo Intake, CTS billet torque arm insert, Enkei Raijin 18x8, Bridgestone S001 235/40/18

Daily
    Mk5 GTI
    Name
    Brad

Thanks mate. Yeah ended up punching the spline out and using a spanner on it. Couldn't fit a torque wrench in there so just went to bloody tight. Cheers!

Daily
    MY11 Golf GTI 3dr
    Name
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by shamma View Post
    Thanks mate. Yeah ended up punching the spline out and using a spanner on it. Couldn't fit a torque wrench in there so just went to bloody tight. Cheers!
    All good mate
    MK6 Golf GTI Red 3 Door Manual
    GFB DV+, BFI Schwarz Shift Knob, Gloss VW emblems, Stock exhaust res delete, R8 coils, DBA T3 Front Rotors, CTS Turbo Intake, CTS billet torque arm insert, Enkei Raijin 18x8, Bridgestone S001 235/40/18

+ Reply to Thread