Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Replacement shock absorbers - price fitted

Daily
    None
    2nd Car
    Volvo XC70
    Name
    Angus

Replacement shock absorbers - price fitted

My golf gti has leaky shock absorbers that need replacing.
    I am wondering what I should expect cost wise to have them replaced and fitted - according to mechanic who I trust (volkstech) it's about 350 per side..?
    They also replace mounts and bearings when doing the job.
    They said they use good quality shock abosorbers (bilstein?)
    Thanks

Daily
    Mk5 Golf GTI Manual
    2nd Car
    Honda Accord Euro
    Name
    Steven

If you want to go OEM (Sachs) replacement you can get them much, much cheaper than that. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-sachs-pa...0513029gp~sac/

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Lucas

You can also buy them on ebay and other places online like Run Auto Parts. Just input your make and model and voila. https://runautoparts.com.au/vw.html

Daily
    None
    2nd Car
    Volvo XC70
    Name
    Angus

so i think the quote is ok... i also have to do the vacuum pump...

Front Bilstein shock absorbers $660 fitted for the pair plus the top suspension mounts and bearing kits $160inc and no extra for labour. This brings the Total to $820inc

Genuine VW vacuum pump supplied and fitted $665inc

Daily
    F30 BMW 328i
    2nd Car
    2006 Golf GTI MK5
    Name
    Rob

Get in touch with Paul Fry on FB. He can supply the Rear top mounts and Bearing kits for the front for less then $100 AUD. Shocks you could probably order yourself. Unless your tracking your car or are super low, no need to spend money on holstein apart from piece of mind. The OEM Sachs will be fine for normal road use.

There are plenty of write-ups on the internet about swapping suspension over. If you DIY you'll be able to save most of that money.

I did my shocks a couple of months back as they were shot with over 200,xxx kms on them. I found a some second hand OEM mk6 shocks that had 15,000km's on them for $100. The difference is night and day and was the last thing to swap while trouble shooting a knock in the front end. Everything is perfect now and not a single knock in the front

+ Reply to Thread