Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 Channel Dash Cam with Parking Mode - Thinkware, Blackview or iRoad

Daily
    VW Golf GTI MKV
    2nd Car
    VW Passat R36 Wagon
    Name
    Jackson

2 Channel Dash Cam with Parking Mode - Thinkware, Blackview or iRoad

Hi guys

Wife has approved on getting a 2 channel dash camera with parking mode for the Passat. Currently in the market for one, but in no rush really. I've nailed my search down to:

1. Blackvue DR650S-2CH with Power Magic Pro
    2. Thinkview F770
    3. iRoad V9

Now, both the Thinkview and iRoad can be imported from the UK for around the $450 mark. I'm not sure what the thoughts are on that? Blackvue can be bought for $450 mark also with the current 20% coupon on eBay.

The only think that is putting me off the Blackvue is the 720P rear camera - love the slick look and design.

Thoughts and recommendations?

Cheers

Daily
    Cityrail
    2nd Car
    Mk6 R
    Name
    Rens

Hey mate,

I have a Blackvue DR650S-2CH with power magic pro in my car. I bought it from dashcamownersaustralia who had a sale at the time.

I have nothing but fantastic things to say about the camera and the power magic pro. I had it installed by The Car Kit Company in Artarmon because I didn't want to mess about fitting cables around the curtain airbags. I paid around $150-$200 for installation and it is neat as can be.

You needn't worry about the resolution of the rear camera, it is plenty to pick out number plates and looks very crisp both during the day and at night.

If you have any other questions i'd be happy to answer. The one thing I would say is to buy a good 128gb microSD card (I bought the Blackvue one) for the camera as parking mode with the power-magic pro will record over your videos pretty quickly if you don't have a lot of storage space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daily
    Golf GTi MK5
    Name
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by pandas View Post
    Hi guys

Wife has approved on getting a 2 channel dash camera with parking mode for the Passat. Currently in the market for one, but in no rush really. I've nailed my search down to:

1. Blackvue DR650S-2CH with Power Magic Pro
    2. Thinkview F770
    3. iRoad V9

Now, both the Thinkview and iRoad can be imported from the UK for around the $450 mark. I'm not sure what the thoughts are on that? Blackvue can be bought for $450 mark also with the current 20% coupon on eBay.

The only think that is putting me off the Blackvue is the 720P rear camera - love the slick look and design.

Thoughts and recommendations?

Cheers
    I have been using my ddpai mini2 dashcam for nearly a year and can't fault it.. it's not a 2 channel but it's something I think you should consider...

I've tried a few sub $100 dashcams and they are rubbish- Sure it's Chinese and only $150 but you should check out the specs and features ...

http://en.ddpai.com/mini2.php

The biggest seller for me was the fact it live streams to your phone plus has a parking guard feature.

Daily
    VW Golf GTI MKV
    2nd Car
    VW Passat R36 Wagon
    Name
    Jackson

Ended up biting the bullet and bought a DR650S-2CH.

Any recommendations on which fuse to tap the constant live into? Or does it not really matter.

Daily
    Cityrail
    2nd Car
    Mk6 R
    Name
    Rens

I'd give The Car Kit Company a ring and ask them - they did my install.

Good pick on the camera, you wont be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread