Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mk6 R, and can of vorms.!

Daily
    golf mk6 R
    2nd Car
    evo 6.5 tme
    Name
    boban

Mk6 R, and can of vorms.!

Hi eveyone.

Here we go...after speaking to few R owners, here and oveseas, ive realised something very important about the mk6 R...!
    I know lots of people will dissagree, on this, but here it is !
    Engines and DSG's put in the mk6R are not build to last at all, most of these cars have a numerous problems, with engine, dsg, or both, especialy the cars tuned, stage 2 and above....there are few people out there, that are lucky enough to have NO problems, but most of them, drive this cars slow, granny them, or some are just as I mentioned lucky...
    Many engine, are smokey, show low power, burn oil, and most of them in a need for rebuild...!...including mine, with 82.000km....
    People with negative, non constructive replys, i know we all invested 60k in our cars, and will like to pass them on, and get some good sales figures back, but that aside, hope this will,save some poor bugger $, and skip the Mk6 R, with 100.000km or close to...
    👍

Daily
    VW Golf R
    2nd Car
    BMW 320D
    Name
    Jason

My MK6R is 4 years old now travelled 24,000kms with stage 2+ serviced on time etc never really missed a beat. I did have an issue with my ecu that was tampered with but apart from that mechanically it has been solid as a rock.

What's brought about your engine rebuild?

Ps I drive it like I stole it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Daily
    golf mk6 R
    2nd Car
    evo 6.5 tme
    Name
    boban

My mk6 77tsi, runs like a champion, with no problems what so ever, besides the cam chain that got replaced under warrenty...both cars are regular serviced, and specialy the R, i was changing the oil every 5000km.....car was showing smoke on start up, and just became worse after about 3-6 months...more than 1 litter of oil burned, between oil changes, and down on power...
    Rings gone, low compression on cylinders 2 and 4

Daily
    VW Golf R
    2nd Car
    BMW 320D
    Name
    Jason

Dam man that sucks unlucky on that front I'm sure more members will chime in but I pray I don't get those issues.

From what I've read and seen personally the MK6 R engine and gearboxes seem to be pretty solid.

Daily
    golf mk6 R
    2nd Car
    evo 6.5 tme
    Name
    boban

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfijian View Post
    Dam man that sucks unlucky on that front I'm sure more members will chime in but I pray I don't get those issues.

From what I've read and seen personally the MK6 R engine and gearboxes seem to be pretty solid.

Yeah solid, hmmm...well maybe they are bit better than the new focus RS, im reading lots of horror stories about there new 2.3 engines on the web, and youtube.

Daily
    MK6 ED35 GTI DSG
    2nd Car
    VE SSV Ute
    Name
    Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by theserbian1 View Post
    My mk6 77tsi, runs like a champion, with no problems what so ever, besides the cam chain that got replaced under warrenty...both cars are regular serviced, and specialy the R, i was changing the oil every 5000km.....car was showing smoke on start up, and just became worse after about 3-6 months...more than 1 litter of oil burned, between oil changes, and down on power...
    Rings gone, low compression on cylinders 2 and 4
    You may have got unlucky brother. My ed35 which has the r motor in it just clicked over 70000kms with no issues, I service it myself every 15000kms. I Change the oil every 7500. Was running Castro edge 504/507 for the first 45000 then switched to LiquiMoly. Burns a slight amount of oil (300ml max over 7500kms) but I'm not concerned as a lot of people don't understand that engines do consume a bit of oil. Sorry about your dud. I do hope but after you noticed the smoke on startup you had it looked at before leaving it 3-6 months. Weird that rings have gone on 2 and 4

II 2012 II MK6 II GTI II EDITION 35 II DSG II CANDY II WHITE IIRNS-510 II MICROFIBRE II SUNROOF II

Daily
    MKVI Golf R
    Name
    Joel

Owned my MK6 R for about 3 years had it modified for the last 18 months.

105,000kms and my car just did a [email protected] on street tyres.

Car has not had a single issue. Not a single thing you mentioned above apart from using oil but I dont know a Golf owner that hasn't had to top up on the odd occasion.

Not bad for s Stage 2+ so I would have to disagree with you mate im sorry
    MK6 R Stage 2+ - 19" rims - Pirelli Pzero - Powerplus 108+ - [email protected]

Daily
    VW Golf R
    2nd Car
    BMW 320D
    Name
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Flexatron View Post
    Owned my MK6 R for about 3 years had it modified for the last 18 months.

105,000kms and my car just did a [email protected] on street tyres.

Car has not had a single issue. Not a single thing you mentioned above apart from using oil but I dont know a Golf owner that hasn't had to top up on the odd occasion.

Not bad for s Stage 2+ so I would have to disagree with you mate im sorry
    That's a nice time for stage 2+!!! What tune if u don't mind me asking and any WMI?

Daily
    golf mk6 R
    2nd Car
    evo 6.5 tme
    Name
    boban

[QUOTE=azza35;506454]You may have got unlucky brother. My ed35 which has the r motor in it just clicked over 70000kms with no issues, I service it myself every 15000kms. I Change the oil every 7500. Was running Castro edge 504/507 for the first 45000 then switched to LiquiMoly. Burns a slight amount of oil (300ml max over 7500kms) but I'm not concerned as a lot of people don't understand that engines do consume a bit of oil. Sorry about your dud. I do hope but after you noticed the smoke on startup you had it looked at before leaving it 3-6 months. Weird that rings have gone on 2 and 4

Ye, i did leave it for couple of months, everyone was telling me its normal, for golf to be a bit smokey, and consume oil, so i thought nothing of it.....nek minute...power started to get less, and less...i thought im dreaming......hmm i wasnt..!

Mechanic that looks after my evo, told me the bad news..!

Daily
    MKVI Golf R
    Name
    Joel

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfijian View Post
    That's a nice time for stage 2+!!! What tune if u don't mind me asking and any WMI?

Thanks bud. No WMI but I use the APR Stage 2 104 octane file and throw in 20l of Powerplus 108+. Was no fluke either as the car has run consistently between 11.8-12.1 over the last few months and around 50 passes.

With a best 60ft of 1.75 on a slower pass it can go faster!
    MK6 R Stage 2+ - 19" rims - Pirelli Pzero - Powerplus 108+ - [email protected]

+ Reply to Thread