Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mk6 R, and can of vorms.!

Daily
    VW Golf R
    2nd Car
    BMW 320D
    Name
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Flexatron View Post
    Thanks bud. No WMI but I use the APR Stage 2 104 octane file and throw in 20l of Powerplus 108+. Was no fluke either as the car has run consistently between 11.8-12.1 over the last few months and around 50 passes.

With a best 60ft of 1.75 on a slower pass it can go faster!
    Ah that's awesome mate! I'm APR stage 2+ 98 file at the moment and can't fault it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Daily
    MK6 R

190,000 still havent done timing chain yet, 2+ tune , drive it like i stole it, loves going offroad for rally fun, has been airboune, probably going to break something soon, but so far hasn't missed a beat... except for the cracking stock rims..

probably drinks around 500ml over 5,000-10,000km, and dsg oil gets done every 30,000ish

Daily
    2012 Golf R
    2nd Car
    2009 Audi A4 Avant
    Name
    Pete

Had my MK6 R now for 18 Months, just about to click over 80,000kms and the only issue I have had has been to do with the carbon canister!

I change oil every 7500km, service it on schedule and care for it well. Havent even ever had to top it up with oil and the car has ran APR Stage 1 for the past 40,000kms. Could not be happier!

Daily
    MY13 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY08 Polo 1.9 TDI
    Name
    Machine

120K and the car’s still a tank. A very, very fast tank.
    Click here --> MY13 CW Golf R | Manual | ACC (deleted) | 19" Black Talladegas (sold) | Satnav-Dynaudio
    APR Stage 2+ w/RFD | Autotech HPFP | VWR CAI + BSH Heat Shield | NPC Clutch + SMF | HPX 3" TBE | CTS FMIC | VWR Short Shifter | Comp Haldex | Uprated Engine Mounts | MCA Red Suspension | HP Superpro LCA/ALK/Ball Joints | Superpro Rear Bushes | AP Racing BBK | P3 Gauge
    Track wheels: 18x8 ET45 Enkei Racing PF01 | Tyres: 245/40R18 Yokohama A050 | Street: 245/35R19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Michael

Apart from the DSG cooler cracking and mixing coolant into the DSG fluid mine is still going strong at 120,000km. Has started to miss on full throttle recently so I think time to replace plugs and coils but given the current plugs went in at about 20,000km and aren't platinums and the coils have never been changed I think it's doing well.
    5 Door Golf R / DSG / TurboXS DP / Recode tune / EVOMS CAI / Autotech HPFP / Godspeed Project FMIC / 12.581 @ 107.49 mph

+ Reply to Thread