Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VWR Springs with spacers & 19" Cadiz's - Will fenders rub against tyre?

Daily
    Mk7 R
    Name
    Dan

Doubt you're rubbing against your guard. It's probably just your fenders, just do the fender screw mod.

Daily
    2016 LSG MK7 R

Quote Originally Posted by misbhv View Post
    Doubt you're rubbing against your guard. It's probably just your fenders, just do the fender screw mod.
    Gonna be doing exactly that tomorrow or Friday arvo! So I'll see the results of that!

Daily
    2016 LSG MK7 R

Did the fender screw mod. No more scrubbing and rubbing. Back to normal👌🏻

Daily
    2016 LSG MK7 R

Sorry to reignite this post, but currently I'm running a VWR 6 pot BBK with 360mm rotors on the fronts with 19x8.5 gloss black KOYA rims... 7mm spacers are provided by VWR to clear the big brakes on the fronts. The front left tyre is rubbing against the guard when driving hard on a bumpy road despite having done the fender screw mod and also rolling the front 2 guards as much as possible. The drivers side front guard does not rub, the wheel is perfectly tucked, but the passenger front side does? This is weird? I've noticed that this is a common thing on MK7 R's and I notice the passenge side poking more on MK7 R's with BBK's? I am running Michelin pilot sport 4S 235x35x19 tyres and I do understand that these tyres are a bit more square'ish.... but when looking at either side, it is definitely the passenger front guard that has the tyre poking out approx 2-3mm where as the drivers side is not. I am 10000% certain I have the same spacer size, wheel size, tyre size on both sides.. will I have to change to Pirello Zeros or PZ4's after these Michelin's wear out because they are too squared? Is there anything I can do to bring it inwards a bit more so its not poking 2-3min beyond the fender/guard? Cheers!

+ Reply to Thread