Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MK7R Aftermarket Clutch Options.

Daily
    MK7R
    Name
    TK

MK7R Aftermarket Clutch Options.

Hey people,

Time has come to replace the shitful OEM clutch, car is currently stage 1 looking to move to stage 2 in the future.

Located in Brisbane, prefer to keep the business local.

Have a few options and wondering if anyone has any experience or opinions

Harding Performance branded Clutch + SM Flywheel

Spectune Gen 3 Stage 2 Southbend DXD Clutch + SM Flywheel

NPC Branded Clutch + SM Flywheel

Prices vary but are all within a few hundred of each other including install, all are rated to handle s2 power + torque.

Cheers.
    Tom

Daily
    Mk7 GTI
    2nd Car
    Polo TSI
    Name
    Dave

I've got the harding performance clutch on my stage 2 gti. I'm pretty happy with it. Hardly any chatter or increased peddle effort. Feels completely different to stock clutch, there's a definite consistent bite point which is nice...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Daily
    Golf 7R
    Name
    Andy

I'm also in the market for an aftermarket clutch, mine lasted about 4 hours after being tuned before slipping! I'm tossing up between a NPC with SMF or Southbend Stage 3 Daily also SMF. the southbend seems to be a common replacement but my mechanic has said good things about the NPC so might be worth giving that a go. have you pulled the trigger on anything yet?

Daily
    MK7R
    Name
    TK

Quote Originally Posted by bamford656 View Post
    I'm also in the market for an aftermarket clutch, mine lasted about 4 hours after being tuned before slipping! I'm tossing up between a NPC with SMF or Southbend Stage 3 Daily also SMF. the southbend seems to be a common replacement but my mechanic has said good things about the NPC so might be worth giving that a go. have you pulled the trigger on anything yet?
    I ended up getting the NPC. had it installed for about 2 weeks now

bit noisy at low rpms... knew it would be the case though.

Can't fault anything else with it...I've launched it a few times and given it a red hot go and it's holding up great.

Daily
    Golf 7R
    Name
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by TRK07 View Post
    I ended up getting the NPC. had it installed for about 2 weeks now

bit noisy at low rpms... knew it would be the case though.

Can't fault anything else with it...I've launched it a few times and given it a red hot go and it's holding up great.

Good to hear, I need to get mine sorted soon might also give the NPC a go. Keen for updates 👍

Daily
    Golf 7R
    Name
    Andy

Just an update on my clutch situation incase anyone is interested.

I also went with NPC giving it a go over southbend. I currently have 700kms on the new clutch so still in the bed in process.

So far... pedal is super light basically like stock but with much more feeling. Slight noise from the single mass flywheel but you have to listen out for it, Barley noticable.

Quite impressed at this stage. Will update once i hit the 1k mark and can give it a hiding.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Daily
    VW GOLF GTI MK6
    2nd Car
    hyundai santa fe
    Name
    Matt Ridley

I hand an extreme full face clutch with SM flywheel on my stage 2 GTI. holds the power very well, aussie sourced (not usa) and i do a fair few track nights with it

No slippage, no noticable chatter in the car and holds strong to red line
    2010 MK6 Golf GTI // Stage 2 Recode Tune // Ramp Custom Dump Pipe // APR carbon Intake // GFB DV+ // VWR 352MM Brake kit with Project Mu Pads // KW V3
    Arc Audio Black 10 // Mosconi 200.2 // Mosconi 100.4 // AD MM speakers // Alpine IVAW957 // Mosconi 6to8 Aerospace

+ Reply to Thread