Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mk6 Gti rough idle and loss of boost

Daily
    Honda civic eg b18c
    2nd Car
    mk6 gti
    Name
    Goran

Mk6 Gti rough idle and loss of boost

Hi all,

1 month ago i started noticing a rough idle. Gor an engine light with error that bank 1 is running lean.

I changed PCV valve and checked all hoses and clamps. Issues persisted. Smoke checked for leaks and everything looks fine.
    I changed spark plugs. I have r8 coil packs which look to be in good condition.

Running Revo stage 2 and have Forge Dv valve. On couple of occasions have geard stay open and boost had come down from 1.2 Bar to 0.6-0.8.

Anything else i should be checking?

Thanks,

Goz

Daily
    Golf GTI mk6
    Name
    Adam

I'm no expert but it sounds like you are drawing in unmetered Air but if you've smoke tested with no leaks that rules that out. Bank 1 is I think is the down pipe o2 sensor. Perhaps the MAF is not reading the air intake properly, try cleaning it and testing it. Just some ideas for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Lucas

Forge DV might be worth removing and replacing with the stock one. Those Forge DV's cause issues all the time.

Its just a process of elimination. Check the DV, any hoses for little tears/rips, all clamps are tight, MAF is screwed in securely etc etc etc.

Daily
    Honda civic eg b18c
    2nd Car
    mk6 gti
    Name
    Goran

I have cleaned the MAF with no change. Also tried a different MAF from another car. Both same.

Aren't the Forge DV's meant to be more robust than the factory DV? In my research i have not come across any issues with the Forge DV

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by ucme View Post
    I have cleaned the MAF with no change. Also tried a different MAF from another car. Both same.

Aren't the Forge DV's meant to be more robust than the factory DV? In my research i have not come across any issues with the Forge DV
    A 2yr old child could make a better design DV than the stock one VW use, but unfortunately the Forge ones are known to leak too. The GFB DV+ and Turbosmart Kompact are good though.

It might not be the Forge DV, but i would have it high on my list of things to check just in case.

Daily
    boeing 747
    2nd Car
    golf r
    Name
    justin sane

Diverter valve , change it to the latest revision of oem one.

Daily
    Honda civic eg b18c
    2nd Car
    mk6 gti
    Name
    Goran

Just to update this for those suffering same symptoms.

Seems bad PCV led to a leak at the rear main seal. This causes the lean code due to pressure loss at the RMS.

+ Reply to Thread