Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7.5 R or used A45?

Daily
    2012 Golf R
    2nd Car
    2009 Audi A4 Avant
    Name
    Pete

7.5 R or used A45?

I am looking to replace my MK6 R, and would love to know what peoples thoughts are on the new 7.5 R vs an A45/CLA45 AMG?

I'd be looking at a new R, and used A45/CLA45 to compare. I really love my R and see the new R as a perfect step up, but also would love the extra power and quality of the A45/CLA45. As I'm getting rid of my daily, I'll be going into 1 car and it will be used for everything too. Work, trips, shopping etc etc.

The new tech of the 7.5 has me drawn to it in a way more than the Mercedes options, but then the Merc's have a lot more power, better quality and more equipment in general. I've driven both and love them equally!

I know this is a "Golf" forum, but I'd genuinely love some insight and would love to hear what people think of the cars in question.

Cheers!

Daily
    VW Golf
    2nd Car
    Jeep
    Name
    Jason

It's always an interesting deliberation comparing a new model of one vehicle against a used variant of another of greater value when new because their financial paths cross at a point in time.

The best approach I think is to look at the "surrounding " considerations first and if they point in one direction, you may have your answer. By this I mean things like warranty (maybe better on the new car), fire depreciation (maybe worse on the new car), concerns on how it has been treated or driven (no issue on the new car), new car smell (don't knock it - some folks change cars each year just for this). There will be other factors but you get the idea.

If all of these still don't place one in clear first place, then get the one you like to drive and the look of more.

Personally while I like the performance of the A45 I really don't like the styling of them. Deal. Dealer for me new or used.

Daily
    Golf R Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by MRT View Post
    I am looking to replace my MK6 R, and would love to know what peoples thoughts are on the new 7.5 R vs an A45/CLA45 AMG?

I'd be looking at a new R, and used A45/CLA45 to compare. I really love my R and see the new R as a perfect step up, but also would love the extra power and quality of the A45/CLA45. As I'm getting rid of my daily, I'll be going into 1 car and it will be used for everything too. Work, trips, shopping etc etc.

The new tech of the 7.5 has me drawn to it in a way more than the Mercedes options, but then the Merc's have a lot more power, better quality and more equipment in general. I've driven both and love them equally!

I know this is a "Golf" forum, but I'd genuinely love some insight and would love to hear what people think of the cars in question.

Cheers!
    The A45 looks too small.

If it was me it would be either the Taco CLA45 or a 7.5 wagon. Can't go wrong..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daily
    VW Golf
    2nd Car
    Jeep
    Name
    Jason

That's financial depreciation above not "fire" apols. Fat fingers

Daily
    VW Golf
    2nd Car
    Jeep
    Name
    Jason

And deal breaker at the end... auto correct is not my friend today... wish I could find the edit function on this forum... 😡

Daily
    2016 LSG MK7 R

Easy choice. Get a second hand R 2015 and above, saves you a good 10-15k$. Then get APR Stage 2 & a Full non resonated turboback. Better sounding and absolutely destroy any a45 or cla45 on the road.

I think its a good question
    The amg has some decent specs but if your going for a pre late 2015 (265kw variant) personally id choose the R because although its got less power i lovvve virtual cockpit and in the right color it would look stunning.
    If you're coonsidering a 2016 and later amg (280kw) and the face lift v 7.5R again just personally I think the amg (cla45 is very pretty in fl) would get my vote if I could get it for the right price with low low kms.
    Eitherway I think youll be happy with your choice both are great cars

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Daily
    Golf R and BMW X1
    2nd Car
    BMW 135i Coming soon
    Name
    Linh

Used A45 or Near New M140i/M135i or used RS3 or 7.5R or Focus RS

hard to pick

or TWO USED Renault RS....

definitely not Civicv Type R over styled and ugly

My heart : Focus RS for its rarity

or extra 20K get an M2 Pure
    Cars : 2013 Golf R, 2011 BMW X1 Xdrive25i, Bicycles Argon 18 Krypton + Gallium Pro + E114, watch collector

Daily
    VW Golf
    2nd Car
    Jeep
    Name
    Jason

Used RS3... now you're talking!!

Daily
    Golf R and BMW X1
    2nd Car
    BMW 135i Coming soon
    Name
    Linh

Yes USED RS3

New 7.5 R full specs possibly 60K

Offer this 62K and you have much better car

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/...-4777600/?Cr=1
    Cars : 2013 Golf R, 2011 BMW X1 Xdrive25i, Bicycles Argon 18 Krypton + Gallium Pro + E114, watch collector

+ Reply to Thread